Part Two

4th December

   Hermione had done nothing but think about it for the past day. She had kept the list close to her inher satchel, stealing small glances at it as she moved around the castle during her school day. Onlytwice had she spotted him on her travels, and both of those times he hadn't spared her a glance.Head down and making his way to his next class, he always seemed to look so deep in thought. 

   By the evening, Hermione had found herself sitting in front of the list in the common room andstudying it fully. She had done nothing but weigh up the options all day. Going backwards andforwards as she over-analysed everything like she usually did. She knew that she did not have a lotof time left to make up her mind and decide what she was going to do... 

   Taking a deep breath, she brought her Feather Quill out of her bag. What was the worst thing thatcould happen? Didn't everyone deserve a little happiness at Christmas? Even the likes of DracoMalfoy deserved good will at this time of year... and maybe it would be the spontaneous adventurethat she needed. Maybe this would make her feel like she was accomplishing something...betteringherself. Maybe, just maybe... she might even stop squabbling with him long enough to enjoyherself a little. After all, if Malfoy could go into this with a casual, open mind... then why couldn'tshe? 

   Before Hermione had the chance to stop herself, she started to accept a few wishes off the list.

1: Ice skating. – Accepted

2: A winter walk in the Forest. – Accepted

3: Visiting a Christmas market. -Accepted

4: Decorating a Christmas Tree without the use of Magic. – Accepted

5: An evening in a Log cabin with an open fire and mulled wine. – Accepted

6: A kiss under the mistletoe. 

7: A snowball fight. – Accepted

8: Pulling a Christmas Cracker. – Strange... but accepted. 

9: Looking to the sky on Christmas Eve. – Accepted

10: Witnessing a true act of kindness. – Not sure how but accepted. 

   As her Quill went down the page, she watched the ink disappear slowly into the parchment...and then a different scrawl of handwriting appeared on the paper in front of her. Malfoy must haveenchanted it for him to be able to communicate with her if she did accept.

   I'll take this as your letter of acceptance, Granger 

Tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. 

Meet me by the Bridge entrance. 

DM.

   Hermione steadied herself and took a deep breath. 

   Tomorrow. She would be spending the afternoon in the strange company of Draco Malfoytomorrow afternoon. 

  She really wasn't sure what to make of that.