chapter ii

New Orleans 1820

There was something somewhat peaceful about nighttime in New Orleans, there always seemed to be a soft hum of chatter mixed delicately with the mellow sounds of jazz. It was almost perfect, only broken by slight murmurs of pain coming from the lips of the girl found by Klaus and Elijah.

As soon as the brothers walked through the doors of the abattoir they were met with their sister, Rebekah. As soon as she saw the girl she immediately got into action, ordering Klaus to tell her who this girl was while he was ordering Elijah to find them a witch. Klaus only ignored his sister and swiftly moved past her to get to the stairs, walking towards one of the guest rooms in the abattoir.

Rebekah now sat in the room with the unconscious girl, slowly and carefully wiping all of the blood and dirt from her face absentmindedly. She strained to listen to the girl's murmurs, only managing to catch the words 'no' and 'please stop'. Rebekah frowned at the girl's words before she heard Elijah enter the room with a witch.

"Rebekah, come here. You must leave Celeste to do what is needed." Elijah announces, beckoning her to follow him. Rebekah casts one last curious glance at the girl before leaving the room with her brother.

Celeste makes her way over to the unconscious girl and places a hand gently on her temple. She quickly removes her hand with gasps of horror as she sees what this girl would become. She tried her best to rid her mind of the images of the streets filled with blood, the screams of horror and the raging fire threatening to spread across New Orleans. She looks down at the girl and wonders just how such an innocent looking girl could bring so much damage.

Celeste hesitates to perform her magic to awaken the girl in front of her, but before she could do anything the girl gasps loudly while sitting up quickly. She takes heavy breaths as she looks around the room. Suddenly, her eyes land on Celeste.

"Who are you?" The girl spoke with a hoarse voice, an English accent pushing through.

"I'm Celeste, I was brought here to h-help you." The girl only looks at her with calculating eyes, as through she was trying to look into her soul. There was a beat of silence before the girl's eyes narrowed.

"Witch." The girl all but growled out.

Celeste had no time to react before the girl shot out of the bed and grabbed her, forcing her against the wall harshly. This resulted in a loud bang that caused the Mikaelson's to quickly run into the room. Elijah, who was the first to arrive, quickly pushed the girl away from Celeste before hiding her behind him.

"Miss, I understand that you must be confused but Celeste is here to help you." Elijah spoke forcefully, his eyes never leaving the girl in front of him.

"I don't want help from a witch. Besides, I'm not even injured." The girl spoke causing each Mikaelson look down in wonder at where her wounds once were. She was right, she no longer had any injuries.

"What's your name?" Klaus spoke up, wanting to know who exactly he had saved.

"Why should I tell you? I don't even know you." The girl asked, a glare on her face that was directed straight at Klaus.

"Because we saved your life." Klaus told her, quickly becoming irritated.

"What makes you think I needed saving in the first place? Was it because I am a woman? Do you somehow believe that every woman you come across is in dire need of help from a man?" The girl spat out at the blonde haired man.

"We saved you because you were alive in a cemetery full of dead bodies, we want to know what happened." Klaus explained barely containing his annoyance at the girl.

"You want to know what happened?" She asked with a small smirk on her face.

"First we would like to know who you are." Elijah spoke. This only made the girl direct her glare towards him.

"Perhaps you would be more comfortable if we told you who we are first?" Rebekah asked wanting to find out who the girl in front of her was. She saw the girl contemplate her offer before nodding.

"I'm Rebekah, this is my half brother Niklaus and this is my older brother Elijah. Obviously you've met Celeste." Rebekah explained before being interrupted by Klaus.

"We're the Mikaelson's." Klaus explained proudly.

"Am I supposed to know what that means?" The girl asked in a bored tone. This caused Klaus to stare at the girl exasperated.

"Well, yes you should know. We're dangerous creatures, vampires. The first vampires to walk the earth." Klaus explained after recovering from the slight shock.

"Oh that's right, yeah I heard about you all. Really impressive stuff you've accomplished, you know what with killing all those humans." The girl spoke sarcastically.

"Well, now you know who we are. Who are you?" Rebekah asked, stopping Klaus from shouting at the girl.

"My name is Seraphina. And before you assume, no I'm not a witch." She told them enjoying the confusion on their faces at her last sentence.

"What do you mean you are not a witch? We found you with your coven." Elijah explained.

"They are not my coven. They were the coven I came here to kill. The reason all of them are dead is because of me." Seraphina explained proudly.

"But how? How did you kill them all if you are not a witch?" Celeste asked, her voice slightly shaking with fear.

"Well, you see I'm something far more interesting than a witch. More powerful, stronger, darker. I'm something created by the devil himself. If you wish to find out more, feel free to contact him. I'm sure he'd love to have a word with you." Seraphina explained, smiling wickedly.

"You're lying. No one's ever seen the devil and lived." Celeste exclaimed.

"Who said I was living?" Seraphina asked. She waved her hand in the air and suddenly she was gone, only leaving a cloud of smoke behind.

The remaining supernaturals in the room all look at each other thinking the same thing.

'What is this girl? And why is she in New Orleans?'

A/N:
Sorry this took so long! Life got super busy, it still kind of is to be honest with you. So, I will be updating this story but it will definitely take me a while. Hopefully I can get the next chapter out soon!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love ya <3