Chapter-2

Isla's POV

I doodle in my notebook bored out of my mind pretending to take notes. History is so boring especially when your teacher is a very old man whose voice is extremely small and calming like lullaby.

To my side Eden is sleeping with his head on the desk and snoring silently. Lucky bastard. Nobody is gonna question him cause they are all scared of him. Well they are also never gonna tell me anything or question me because Eden would break their bone but I don't want to be disrespectful towards Mr. Taylor. He is actually trying his best to help us understand the chapter with different presentations and videos so sleeping would probably hurt his feelings hence why I'm not already in dream land even though I'm really close.

"Eden and Isla Wilson are requested to report to the principal's office"

The receptionist voice rung through the speakers making Eden wake up as he is a very light sleeper. He will literally wake up with the slightest of noise.

Eden groaned and grumpily glared at basically everyone in front us who turned to stare at us making them cower back. He then turns to me, his eyes visibly soften as I give him a look telling him to be nice while he just rolls his eyes with a small grin as a reply.

I sigh packing all my things and get up and turn to Eden who is huffing and complaining/ muttering death threats due to his sleep being interrupted and drag him out of class, through the empty hallways and to the office.

Eden kicks the door open to the principal's office making me sigh and glare at him. "Be nice" I tell him for what it seems like the 50th time today.

Our principle Mr. Banner is practically shaking in fear as I give him a guilty/reassuring smile. "Sorry about that" I say to him apologetically. He just manages to nod at me and signals to take a seat which we do.

"I-im really s-sorry to inform you that your foster father James Stewart died today" Mr. Banner informs us. James Stewart one of the men from my brother's job. He fostered us from the age of 13 after we ran away from the last. He just fostered us to get the social workers of our back. I've met him a few times and he is really kind man with a small family for whom he works hard to provide. He is a really kind man and has done a huge favor for us which i'll always be grateful for.

My heart breaks a little thinking of his husband and two sons. It must be so hard for them. They didn't deserve that................

My eyes water a little as I look at my brother whose face doesn't show any emotion. He looks towards me and gives me a comforting smile when he sees my teary eyes. He takes my hand in his and gives it a reassuring squeeze. I squeeze back to reassure him I'm fine.

A women dressed in a black suit set or whatever they are called came in front of us giving us a tight smile. Why didn't I notice her behind me?

"Hi! I'm your new social worker Natalia Hudson" She introduces herself. My brother just nods at her as I shake the hand she was offering with a polite smile introducing myself and my twin. "I'm Isla and this is my twin brother Eden" I say politely.

"So as you were informed. James Stewart sadly passed away so we need a new family for you guys." Mrs. Hudson says.

"We did a search for any blood relatives and thankfully found your biological parents who apparently were looking for you and are more than happy to take you in" She continues.

"WHAT" Eden yells his emotionless facade being replaced by one of fury as he sits up straight so fast it causes the chair to fall with a loud noise causing Mr. Hudson and Mr. Banner to flinch.

I on the other hand don't know what to feel. I mean I'm kinda happy that my biological family wants us and were looking for us but they were the one who abandon us. They weren't there when we needed them the most and because of them we've been through so much.

Mrs. Hudson flinches at Eden's glare at her and tries to keep her professional act up. Keyword: TRIES. She was basically shaking in fear and looked like she is about to wet herself. I would have elbowed Eden and told him to be nice and it's only her job but I was still frozen in shock from the previous information to do anything.

She nodded shakily and gestures towards the back of the office where I now noticed two person. There was a man probably in his early 40s and a women also probably in her early 40s.

Both of them had tears flowing down their faces as their eyes held so much happiness. "T-that's your b-b-biological mother a-and f-father" Mrs. Hudson said shakily.

Eden immediately stood in front of me protectively as I took a shaky breath. Tears blur my vision as I refuse to let them fall. My breaths were getting shorter as it was getting harder for me to breathe. The walls seemed like it was closing up on me as I stumbled back. My legs felt heavier as my knees buckled but Eden noticed and caught me before I hit the floor.

He gently sat me down and crouched in front of me ignoring everyone else as he reassuringly smiled at me. I was still staring at my parents gasping for air as their eyes were now wide with panic and worry.

"Wanda look at me bub. Wanda. Isla please." Eden nearly begged as I still stared at my parents in disbelief.

Eden cupped my face so I looked at him rather than my parents. "It's alright hun. It's gonna be okay. You're alright, I'm alright, we're fine. We're safe Wanda. We're gonna get through this together like we always do. Breathe with me cupcake" Eden coaxed as he slowly instructed me to breathe in and out slowly and I obliged. We followed the breathing patterns for a few minutes till I calmed down.

Eden sighed in relief and opened his arms for a hug as hugs or any kind of physical interaction during a attack causes me to have flashback about ....... stuff and makes my panic attack worse.

I gladly went forward and hugged my twin tightly feeling safe in his arms. "Are you okay?" He whispered so only I could hear him. "I'm gonna be okay. What about you?" I reply. "I'll be okay" He whispers back to me making me sigh in relief.

We pull away as he gently kisses my forehead and stands up brushing dust of his knees. He closes his eyes for a minute taking a breath then when he reopens his eyes his usual emotionless expression is back on. His eyes so cold anyone would flinch looking at it.

He offers me a hand which I gladly take and help myself up. I take a deep breathe myself trying to calm myself. Everything is gonna be fine...........

Right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and share if you did and follow me if you like my work. I would also really apreciate it if you comment your opinion.

Thank you so much for the positive response on this story. It's only been a few days and this book has already gotten 2oo+ reads. I hope this chapter didn't disappoint.

-Love Shreeya