Chapter 3: Winter's POV

Oh my lord this again. This was the reason I didn't want to come down and see Midnight because this is what is gonna happen every time. But, I started noticing a pattern on how this is straightening. I grabbed Meadow's hand and yanked her into the hallway out of hearing range but as a precaution I still whispered.

"Meadow," I started whispering. "I'm seeing a pattern." Meadow looked at me strangely like I was the one going crazy.

"What do you mean?" She asked in a whisper because she noticed what I was trying to do. Noticed that I was trying to keep a low profile.

"Well, every single time Willow picks Midnight up, Midnight always says sissy." I told her still in a whisper voice. She raised an eyebrow.

"Then why did it take two tries?"

"My guess is that she didn't hear it the first time. She was glazing past Midnight and I don't think she was listening to anything. I think she has to hear it." I told her. She nodded her head in understanding.

"That would make the most sense. But, if it affects her why not you? You were both there at the same time. Why didn't it affect you like it does her?"

"I don't really know. Maybe Willow is easier to get or maybe that's who Midnight wants to possess. There are so many questions but so few answers." she nodded in agreement again. "So, I'm not sure what we are going to do."

I looked around the corner to see what they were doing and Midnight was still in Willow's arms. I looked back towards Meadow and tried to think of what we could do to snap Willow out of it. I tapped my finger on my lips and then looked back out trying to think of some kind of plan but nothing came to mind. Meadow started to look in the same direction as me and we both started to think of what we could do. But nothing comes to mind.