-72-

Asteria's 6th year at Hogwarts had came to an end, meaning she had to go back to that dreadful manor

Marlene and Dorcas woke up late so they were stuck in the crowd to board the train however Lily and Asteria were sat alone in a compartment.

"Surprised you're not sat with Potter." Lily said with a slight laugh. "Please, don't tell anyone." She begged. The red head nodded in reply.

"So, are you dating?" The Gryffindor asked her. "I... don't know." Asteria replied, stuttering slightly. Marlene and Dorcas then walked through the sliding door, out of breath from rushing around.

"What are you two talking about?" The blonde girl asked them. "Nothing." Lily replied with a slight smile as the train began to move.

The railway was hidden away by the rolling hills of the Scottish countryside, hopefully so no muggles saw it. Asteria suddenly let out a loud yawn and her eyes began to droop so she closed them.

She attempted to fall asleep but the other girls were laughing so loudly that she had to move to an empty compartment in hope of getting some sleep.

She had gotten herself in a comfortable position, her coat thrown over her like a blanket, but right when she was going to close her eyes, there was a knock at the door.

"Ugh. What now?" She asked with a huff. She looked over to see Remus slide the room open and peer in. "Can I sit in here? Sirius is really annoying me." The boy asked her.

She nodded with a smile, watching him as he sat opposite her. "Is it almost that time?" She asked, referring to the full moon. Remus slowly nodded when the trolley lady reached the door.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" She asked in her sweet voice. Asteria nodded as she handed the woman a couple gold coins and grabbed a couple chocolate bars.

"Thanks dear." The trolley lady said as she pushed the trolley to the next compartment. Asteria then handed all the chocolate to the Gryffindor.

"Here. It's not much but I should help a bit." The Hufflepuff said with a smile on her face. "You really didn't need to." He replied.

"It's fine. I'm not going to spend that money on anything." Asteria said with the chocolate bars held out for him to take. Remus reluctantly took the bars which made her nod.

"Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to sleep." Asteria then leaned against the wall with her eyes closed and it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria woke up to the train coming to a sudden halt. "Good. You woke yourself up." Remus said she he saw her sit up.

Asteria sat up and rubbed her eyes before getting up and pulling her luggage off the shelf above. The Hufflepuff then followed the crowd off the train and onto the platform.

She quickly scanned for her father but didn't see him, however she did see her step-mother so she walked over. "Where's father?" She asked Catrina.

"He's busy with work." She replied sharply. "Making me pick up his child." She hissed under her breath but loud enough for her to hear over the hiss of the train.

"Sort your hair out. You look like a mess." Catrina ordered as she began to walk away towards the exit. Asteria rolled her eyes as she ran her hands through her curls and followed her.

-☘︎︎-

The Parkinson Manor was the same as how she left it. It was constantly freezing, dark and eerie.

"You're father is waiting for you in his study." Catrina told her as she pulled her coat off. Asteria nodded and ,with a confused look, she walked over to her father's office.

She knocked on the slightly open door. "Come in." He called out which made her open the door to see him sat at his desk. "Sit down." He ordered.

Asteria was taken back by the slightly happy look on his face. "I have found you a husband." He announced. Asteria froze still. "Y-you what?" She stuttered.

"You are to marry Evan Rosier." He spoke proudly. "B-but- Asteria stuttered again. "You are to marry him once you're done with school." Cepheus told her.

"But what if I want a career?" She asked but her father scoffed. "A career? You're career is to stay at home." Cepheus laughed.

"Rosier is a dick." She told him. "I don't want to hear anything Asteria! He is a respectful husband!" Cepheus shouted suddenly, hitting his desk with a scrunched up fist.

"I'm not-" He cut her off. "You are to marry him and that is the end! Get to your room!" He screamed loudly. Cepheus raised up his hand before striking his daughter on her cheek.

She glared at her father as she swirled her tongue around her mouth in anger.
Asteria sharply got up and stormed out the study, slamming the door behind her. She ran up the grand staircase to her room and once the door was shut, she began to cry.

Her face went red, her eyes began to sting and teardrops fell off her jaw. Asteria kicked the leg of her bed before jumping onto it, burying her face into her pillow to muffle her cries.