-74-

Asteria let out a small groan as her eyes slowly opened

Asteria let out a small groan as her eyes slowly opened. Her entire body was weak and ached. With squinted eyes, she look around the room which she didn't recognise.

She turned her head to see James sleeping in an armchair beside the couch which she lay on. Asteria attempted to sit up but her arms were so frail that she failed to.

However, she did wake James up. He instantly sat up when he saw the girl awake. "Why am I here?" She asked,her voice scratchy and sore.

"Don't you remember? They crucioed you." James told her. "Oh yeah. Forgot about that." She confessed as she tried to sit up again but she was unable to do James helped her.

"Why? Why would they do such a horrible thing?" James asked as he gently took her hand into his but she let out a hiss of pain which made him let go.

"He saw us kiss. Then he threatened that I would marry Rosier this summer so I said that I loved you." Asteria explained.

"You love me?" He asked with furrowed brows. "No," She replied. "I just couldn't think of another excuse." She added.

James looked down at the floor before clearing his throat. "Do you want anything?" He asked as he pushed up his glasses.

"Can I go for a walk? I need some fresh air." She asked him. "You could barely sit up." James pointed out. "I'm fine now."

He let out a sigh before slowly nodding. "Fine. But don't go far." She nodded in reply before he helped her up and wrapped his coat around her.

James gently pressed a kiss on her forehead before watching her walk out the door and down the path leading up to the Manor door.

Asteria often forgot that James came from a rich, powerful pureblood family as most purebloods went against blood purity ending up losing large amounts of money and their estates revoked. That was when James explained how his father found their wealth increase due to his potion named Sleekeazy's Hair Potion which was ironic as his son's her was constantly messy and untamed.

The manor was built with warm beige bricks which was paired with the light blue front door. The front garden was decorated with beautiful flowers; roses, lilies, daisies and dahlias.

The brown slate roof had became a slight green colour due to the moss which had grown on it and wearing down from the weather. Overall, Asteria counted 4 chimneys emerging out the roof proudly.

There were several windows, all different sizes, which looked out at the beautiful gardens surrounding the manor. Climbing up the walls were vines which bloomed purple flowers, making the manor seem like a place of fantasy.