~80~

Asteria sat in the Gryffindor common room one cool autumn morning

Asteria sat in the Gryffindor common room one cool autumn morning. James had gone to training, leaving her alone to flip through a book Lily had handed her.

Her dark eyes scanned the paper until she heard someone collapse in the armchair near her. She glanced up to see Sirius sat there.

"Morning." She greeted. "Morning." Sirius seemed to fidget in the chair. "Have you heard anything from Reg?" He awkwardly asked which made her close the book.

"I haven't. We haven't spoken since I saw it." She replied, still trying to deny the fact that she saw the dark mark. "I should of been there. I shouldn't of just left him." Sirius sighed.

"No, Sirius. Leaving that house was the best thing you've ever done." Asteria told him with a warm smile. "We both those bastards are manipulating." She added which made him laugh ironically. "You don't say?"

The portrait then swung open which made the look over at James who had just walked into the common room. He was still in his quidditch jersey and he wiped his forehead with his shirt. "Looks like Pads has finally woke up." James laughed when he saw the boy.

"I need my beauty sleep." Sirius announced as he flipped his dark hair behind him. "Now I'm off to try and kiss Moony as he studies." He said as he got up and left the common room.

James chuckled lightly as he leaned over the couch to kiss her temple. "You stink." She said which made him scoff. "Love you too." He replied before heading up to his dorm to get changed.

Asteria picked her book up again and began reading it again, her feet up on the coffee table as she fiddled with her septum piercing.

-☘︎︎-

James finished getting changed and walked out of his dorm but there was a pout on his face. "What's up?" She asked when she glanced up to look at him. "I ran out of dung-bombs." He told her with a huff.

"What a tragedy!" Asteria exclaimed sarcastically which made her chuckle slightly. "Where do you even get those things?" She asked him.

"Zonko's. Come get some with me." He begged her. "Do I have to?" She asked with an eyebrows raised. "Kinda. You love me so yeah, you do." He replied before kissing her cheek.

"You'll pay for this." She huffed. "Can't wait for the payment." He smirked before winking at her and holding the portrait open for her to walk through.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria gazed around the joke shop as James searched through the shelves. "Asteria, look at this!" He called out which made her walk over.