chapter 1: the gangster next door

It was a gloomy night, another day in Canada. Everybody looks similar especially in high school, there are the same groups as any high school. Popular kids, skater kids, rappers, emo, vegans...
One boy was different though, he almost seemed to adapt to any group and had knowledge about almost every topic that was brought up, when he wasn't trying to blend in he would be quiet, sit on the side and just observe, almost as if studying the other students. It was a few days into the school year and he would always come a few minutes late so that his name would not be called, I guess he didn't want to be known, he avoided personal questions but would answer shortly with some shocking fact that would make others wonder what he's been through. It was Tuesday morning and I just woke up, my mother yelled from downstairs "Kate come downstairs we have new neighbour's" I rolled my eyes annoyed and put some pajamas on so I could get this over with, standing in our kitchen was a family of 3 a mother a child and a teenager around my age maybe a year older, he had a smile on his face that was so familiar but so unfamiliar at the same time. Then it hit me, this man in my kitchen was the quiet classmate, the one with no name, he looked different then what I imagined, his skin was tanned and eyes were a piercing blue and green depending on the angle you looked at them. He smiled at me and introduced himself, I've never heard him really talk without some kind of noise, his accent was heavy and I could tell he wasn't from around here, I asked "where is your accent from" he replied "our family is from Russia, nice outfit" as he looked down, I remembered I was in my pajamas and was embarassed to the point where my face was as red as a tomato, he laughed and handed me something wrapped in tinfoil, he smiled again and said something in Russian to his mom and they left, I opened the tinfoil and there were crepes with jam. Not what I expected.

Chapter 2

It was another day when I woke up and went on a run. It was a dark day but not as dark as back home could get, I put on my running shoes and looked in the mirror before putting on a shirt, each scar tells a story, some of heroism and some of criminal horrors that even killers would piss themselves if they knew. I pulled a sweater over my body to hide my scars, I don't like attention from unimportant people especially when they think you are in the same league in life. After jogging through the streets of welland and spitting on a few drug addicts I came home to the smell of my favourite breakfast, blinchiki. My mom had made a batch and wrapped them in a foil and said were meeting our new neighbour's and I should dress up. About 20 minutes later we were in their kitchen, no family photos were to be in sight, the kitchen was so clean it was as if nobody has used it since they got it, the lady that lived next door said she has a daughter around my age, that's not what I wanted to hear since I was wearing a decently tight shirt and a nice pair of pants with my hair done and face washed. I looked and smelled good but that was for me to enjoy, not for someone my age to see my scars and what I really look like. The lady called her daughter down and we locked eyes, I recognized her from school where I have been skipping name calls and have looked poorly so people do not pay attention to me, talk enough for people to think you're normal but study others through class. That was a good plan but now she saw I'm not who I've been telling people I am. She stared at me, almost as if the shock has left her body but the thoughts of orgasms stayed, I do have to admit although her clothing was very simple she still had a smile that could pierce me harder then any knife or bullet, to bad shell run if she ever finds our who I am.

Chapter 3

I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw. The boy that everybody were convinced was disgusting and weird turned out to be one of the hottest guys in our whole city, but why would he hide it, why did he not introduce himself in school and what were those marks on his skin. Wait I see him looking at me, he's wearing his usual clothing but this time a bandage on his cheek and a hickey in his neck, it was quit small but once closer it's visible, he also wore a chain under his shirt, I couldn't make up what the symbol was but whenever something happened he would hold it through the shirt or he would take it out and hold onto it but he would never let anybody see what it was, he sat down and started eating with me he didn't say a word but his devilish smirk and piercing eyes said everything I needed to know, his knuckles were bruised and he was icing them as he was eating a few minutes in I couldn't take it so I started off "those crepes your mom made were really good uhh" "my name is Vladimir and they're called blinchiki" he said with a small smile as if he knew what I was thinking, "where did you hurt yourself like that" I asked but he just took his phone out and showed me a video, the video was of a blurry fight, it was an mma style fight but in the sand and both fighters were ruthless to the point a normal person would've died where they just kept hitting and taking hits. One of the fighters spoke Russian but I caught one word "Vlad" is that you fighting out there?" I asked thinking I would get a good answer he simply gave me that smirk of his again and kept eating, lunch has ended and we were heading to class, I needed answers so as Vlad was walking away I ran up to him and asked "wanna go to a party with me tonight?" He checked his phone and a few moments later he agreed and took my number down...
A few hours had passed by and I didn't hear a word from him, then the doorbell rang. My mother opened up which I wish she had not done because she called me downstairs with no warning of what I was about to witness, Vlad was standing in my kitchen with a tall man, both were wearing full black but the man wore white underneath, Vlad wore a short sleeved Tshirt for once and I saw what he has been hiding, his arm was covered in tattoos and scars, probably from fighting I assumed. He looked at me with an open mouth and
in his thick accent he said "you look great, hope you don't mind I invited my cousin" the tall man took his sunglasses off and I realized Vlad and his cousin are both the definition of sex with legs. We went outside and Vlad opened my door but when I realized what car it was I was curious, it was a Dodge hellcat, what type of high schooler can afford such an expensive car?