Honest

Leos POV:
We were seated on her bed. Not saying a word. I'm not sure why I'd told her I was staying over. I just wanted to be near her. Considering the circumstances of our awkward situation, I probably should have just gone home. I just needed to be in her presence.

"Im sorry, y/n. Really." That's all I could manage to say. I really did hope she understood what I meant.
"What are you sorry for?" She didn't look at me. Not once did she make eye contact with me. I could tell she was hurt.
"Im sorry for not answering your question. And I'm sorry for leaving you confused." My heart began to go to my stomach. The last thing I wanted was to make her mad at me again. Not talking to her killed me to say the least.

"It's fine, Leo. I get it. Can we change the subject?" I studied her features as she stared straight ahead.
Everything in me was screaming to kiss her. To grab her face and give her the answer she was yearning for. But why couldn't I? Why was I so nervous?

I looked at my lap and ran a hand through my hair. If I waited any longer, if I kept her wondering, if I kept her bothered any longer, the out come may be worse when I do actually tell her. Worse yet, she may lose feelings. I had to find a way to just tell her. To put it out there. I've never felt about someone the way I did her. Maybe that's why this was so hard to just put out there.

Readers POV:
I love being with Leo but I'd honestly wished he'd just gone the fuck home. Because at this point in time all I wanted to do was curl up and cry by myself in my bed. My mind started to race. What if I lose him? All because I couldn't keep my god damn mouth shut.

I suddenly felt tears about to make their way out.
"I've gotta use the bathroom." I said in a hurry and left the room before any tears could make their way down my cheeks.

As soon as I hit the bathroom, it all rushed out. The last few days had been absolute hell. I just wanted so badly to go back. To erase it all. To never have left Alex get me drunk. To never have said the things I said. To never have left myself fall so completely and utterly in love with a boy who didn't even reciprocate those feelings. A boy I never thought I would look at that way.

I gripped my hair and sat on the floor as I felt everything rush past my mind.
"Y/n?" I heard a knock on the door.
"Leo, please just let me be right now." I sniffled and wiped my tears away.
"Please let me in." He sounded worried.

I stood up and slowly opened the door. Almost instantly, Leo wrapped his arms around me. I returned the hug tight and began to cry into his chest. Turns out this is exactly what I needed.

I pulled back from Leo and before I could wipe my face, he placed both his hands on my cheeks and used his thumbs to wipe them away. I stared up at him. Into his baby blue eyes. And I felt myself falling even harder than I had to begin with.

"I have to be honest with you." He said softly and I stared at him intently, scared of what he might say.
"I'm truly so sorry, once again, for everything I've put you through. From Sarah and her shit to holding everything off so long. And for lying to you. After I found out about what you'd told Alex, I came to realize a good many things. Somewhere in my heart, my stupid, dumb, naïve heart, I do have feelings for you. I've wanted nothing more than to tell you this. And when you came to my house the morning after everything happened, the only logical thing I seemed to be able to say was 'I don't feel that way'. I've never lied to you before in my entire life. As soon as those words left my mouth and as soon as I could see pain ridden all over your face, I had so much instant regret." He didn't look away from my eyes, not once, "everytime I've tried to tell you how I've felt, it hasn't come out the way I've wanted it to. And I'm so fucking sorry."

I had no words. None. I should have been happy that he did feel the way I did but he lied. We'd never lied to each other a day in our lives. I felt betrayed to be quite honest. However, I needed to start accepting that what was said, what happened, that was in the past. What was most important now was this.

A/n: sorry ik this chapter is short I've been extremely sick lately and if I'm not asleep I'm laying around being miserable. But, hey, bright side is now Leo finally got the courage to express himself. So proud of him :).