Chapter 18

When the new semester started, the atmosphere of campus had changed. Everyone was on edge and Olivia could tell that something was about to happen. She started walking to class. As she got closer to her songwriting classroom, the hallways became denser and denser with people. It was like being at a zoo and a brand-new animal exhibit had opened. Olivia started to push her way through the crowd of people. As she did so, she looked up and got a glimpse of a curly-haired brunette that she definitely knew. How could she not? She knew that it was the hair that she could wash and brush through every night while she was on tour. Instead of continuing to move, she stopped in her tracks. She was terrified to take a step further and as she started to take one more step, she got a glimpse of him. The one who broke her heart, the one that she loved so much it hurt. Olivia immediately froze and couldn't move at all. What was he doing here?

Olivia was just hoping that this was just a dream. Hoping that he wasn't in her classroom – in Boston. She had to get out of there. She knew she had to move. She had to get away just so she could breathe. She turned around and started to walk away, just as he caught a glimpse of her too. He started to take off after her too. Olivia made it to the entryway of the building, walked outside, and sat on the steps. "What on earth are you doing out here? We have class in 10 minutes." Ben came up to Olivia. "He is here."

"What do you mean?"

"Olivia"

Olivia hadn't heard that voice in person in so long. The voice that once made her so happy, made her shiver and angry.

"Dude what are you doing here?" Ben looked at him

"I just need to talk to Olivia. He responded. As he responded Olivia summoned all the courage to speak. "I have nothing to say to you Niall"

"I just wanted to say sorry for being here. I didn't want to be here. When the school asked us to come, I tried everything to get out of it, but I was told I didn't have a choice."

"Is that all?"

"For now."

Olivia scoffed, got off the stairs, and started walking back inside, "I have to go to class."

He said as she walked away, "I will see you there."

Ben replied, "Dude, no is really not the time. You messed up and haven't really made a good impression. Also, don't let Noah get close to you. He hates you. You messed with his girl."

Noah? Niall was confused. She really moved on. Who was he kidding? He had too or at least that is what the world thought. He was "in love", but he couldn't get Olivia out of his head. He was still crazy about her, but he couldn't have her.

Class started and Olivia's professor started by saying, "Welcome back students! I hope you had a good break. If you recall I mentioned a competition that one student would be entered in. We decided that it would be someone from this class. So be prepared because it just might be you. Also, we have some special guests. They are currently on a break from their tour right now and they decided to join us for a week. At least until we choose who is going to the songwriting competition. Welcome to our songwriting class, Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Niall from One direction!" The classroom erupted in cheers as the professor continued, "One Direction is going to help you all with your songs. So please choose one song that you want to possibly enter the songwriting competition and then that is the song One Direction will help you with. Happy writing."

"Why did it have to be them?" Olivia looked at Noah and asked.

"I don't know, but Niall better not get too close to you." "Noah. Don't. I can handle this, and we aren't in high school."

"I know, but you better show him who is boss. You have amazing songs and don't need their help."

Olivia knew that she didn't need their help, but she wanted to talk to them at least. "Olivia, love" Harry came up to her. "Harry!" She was genuinely excited to see him. They were best friends, "How have you been? Things have been so crazy around here." "Olivia, you don't have to make excuses for not talking to me. I know what Niall said and did. I am so sorry. He should have supported you." "Harry thank you, but I don't want to talk about it anymore. I have moved on." "I see. Well, if you have moved on then I guess we should work on your song." Olivia hadn't given much thought to which song she wanted to choose, but at that moment, she knew exactly which song she wanted to enter in the competition. She flipped through her songbook, found it, and handed it to Harry.

After he read the lyrics, he responded, "it's perfect." "There is no way." "No, it is. I know that you wrote it from the heart and exactly what it is about. Do you have a melody yet?" "Yeah, I do, but I don't want to sing it here." "Then let's go"

The two of them walked out of the class and into the hall where she could sing the song without anyone around. "Okay go"

"Right here? Right now?"

"Yeah, I want to hear it."

Olivia took a deep breath. She was nervous, but she began. Olivia started quiet, but as she continued, she got more comfortable. It grew and grew and by the end of the song she didn't realize she was at a full belt. She didn't have a care in the world. She was letting go of everything inside her at the moment. As she finished, Harry just stood there silent. Olivia stopped and there was an eruption of cheers. Everyone was outside. The band, her friends, her classmates, her professors, and Niall. "Woah," was all Harry could respond with. "What? Was it not good?" "No, it was amazing."

"Olivia, we have not heard something good, in a while. I can tell you wrote this from the heart." Olivia's professor came up to her and started to explain to everyone present, "I think that you can all agree that this was a beautiful song and there is no need to wait any longer. Olivia congratulations! You will be entered in the national songwriting competition."