1

A/n: Welcome back to Spring and Night, I hope you enjoy the next part of Linetta and Nyx's story, just like I'm enjoying writing it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Linetta's POV•'-

Black, coal eyes- nearly as dark as Blair's.

He watched me as if he didn't know me- disgust I have never seen before appearing in his features.

"Nyx...." I whispered- terrified by the change in his beautiful face.

He screeched pushing me backwards with full force- making me topple and fall upon the grassy ground.

"What did you do that for?" I cried- staring wide eyed at him as he snarled, backing away whilst crawling on the floor.

Blair walked down the stone steps the other side of me- satisfied. "I warned you that he didn't love you anymore." She drawled, tutting.

Nyx walked up to her- she held out her hand for him to kiss, which he did, and stood beside her, looking at me darkly.

"Maybe he loves me now?" She chirped- winking at him.

I made a sound of disgust- staring at her with pure loathing. "No one could ever love something like you." I growled- sitting up from where Nyx had thrown me.

She chuckled. "Does it really matter how love is developed? At the end of the day- he now adores me, not you."

I shook my head in disbelief- I knew she was evil...but this— this took me by surprise.

"He's my mate, he will always be mine- no matter what you do to his mind."

She didn't answer for a moment- just stared at me expressionless.

"Maybe that can be changed too." She finally said, smiling slightly.

The crowd's unusual quiet made me hear my pulse more loudly than usual- pounding like a loud drum.

She can't mean that- she isn't that powerful...it's not possible.....is it? To break a bond as powerful as this?

"A bond like that cannot be broken." I retorted- matching her look.

"Can you be so sure?" She smirked- twirling her dark hair, walking up to me slowly. "You have seen what I can do, Linetta of Spring, I stifled a High Lord's son's powers, made my own hybrids and soo much more." She boasted- digging a nail under my chin to lift it. "A bond like that will be easy to snap, just like a mere twig." She snarled- her pale, lifeless face close to mine.

She released me, letting the blood tickle down my neck- her hair swaying whilst she swaggered away.

I couldn't stop the sob that broke free- new tears streaming down my face. I wanted to beg her to let him go- that she could do anything to me, just as long as he's safe. Just as long as he's mine.

But I couldn't bring myself so low- she's already happy enough, me begging would satisfy her more.

Blair snorted as she stood next Nyx again. "When you were in your beast- I thought you were bold and strong, but looking at you now....you're pathetic." She spat. "And I have no need for pathetic things-" She added, whilst beckoning over one of those horrible guards.

"Nyx, darling, please get Linetta into shape before I banish her from my lands and guard-" The guard nodded at Blair, standing up straight and stiff- ready for his commands. "Drag her away after he's done."

For a moment I didn't process what she said, but when Nyx started walking up to me, I suddenly caught on.

"No..." I shook my head pleading, falling back on the ground- pushing away from him. The boy I never thought I'd try to run away from.

He looked down at me with his new dark, depthless eyes, and just watched me.

"Nyx!" Blair snapped angrily. "Get on with it."

He didn't move- only watched, his arm quivering as if he was forcing it to not move.

"NOW!" Blair screamed- so high pitched it started a pulsing headache immediately in my head.

As if that command snapped something inside of him- he came after me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~