The Accident

Flashback

2nd of February 2014

MY BIRTHDAY YAY(sarcastic tone)

You would think I'd be happy but I'm not. Of course the day was nice in the morning Mum woke me up early saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N" in a very cheery tone luckily we were both morning people. I got the most beautiful ring that matched my Mum's. It was a simple band that had an intricate but simple sun design on it. She always said that I was her sunshine so I called her the moon.

After breakfast and that stuff it was perfect weather so we had fun and swam in the ocean for a long time until it was about lunch time

After breakfast and that stuff it was perfect weather so we had fun and swam in the ocean for a long time until it was about lunch time. For the rest of the day we relaxed and ate food and ice-cream. That was until we left for dinner.

"You ready Cam cause we should be going soon" says Mum as she carefully peeked through the door. I was wearing a nice floaty button up summer dress because of the humid air.
"yeah just a second" I said putting one last button through.
"Wow you look gorgeous" I blush at her compliment gave myself a once over in the mirror. "Thanks I think I'm ready" I say I such a cheery tone I had no idea what is about to happen.
Soon enough we are driving down the road having a full jam session in the car to queen, abba, and the beatles. Nothing but high spirits filled the car.

It was like it was happening in slow motion. My eyes widen in horror as we cross a four way intersection in the road behind my happy mother face I see a car coming down the road full speed. Head lights blinding as they smack right into my mum's side first. We're thrown around in the car and after 3 spins we come to a stop. Looking around I quickly realise that we're still upside. In shock I look over to mum in so many emotions that I don't know what to think. I see the side of her body covered in blood and a large head wound with blood gushing out.
I can't help but cry seeing my mother's limp body hanging from the seatbelts.the sight is so horrible I don't even notice the voice outside trying to get my attention.
"MA'AM, MA'AM ARE YOU ALRIGHT THE AMBULANCE IS ON ITS WAY" but I'm to busy trying to grab my mother and get her to wake up even tough I already know that she's dead. I still can't accept the fact that she is gone. Her ring suddenly falls into my hand and I hold onto it so tight that my knuckles turn white. I don't stop crying even when the ambulance comes and gets us out. I watched them with bloodshot eyes as they put my Mother in a bag with much protesting and fighting from me they take her away and leave me alone with a bunch of random people. I wanted my mother.
The rest of the night is a blur as it's filled with police and doctors but I hold onto my mother's ring the whole night.