Chapter 1

"Y/N!"

I turned over on my bed. The noise from the kitchen woke me up. As I sat up, wiping my groggy eyes with the back of my hand, I remembered that this was the day Professor McGonagall personally gave me my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Suddenly, I jumped up. My great-grandfather, Albus Dumbledore, had taught me much about spells. I already had my own wand.

(Your wand is your choice.)

I quickly went over to my magic wardrobe and picked out an outfit.

I walked over to the desk in the apartment and picked up my wand. I turned around and flicked it at the wardrobe, making it close up into a suitcase. I grabbed the handle and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

I walked into the living room and leaned my suitcase against the wall. I turned to the kitchen, smelling (pancakes/waffles, your choice).

As I walked into the kitchen, my cousin turned around. "Today's the day, huh?" She smiled. She had attended Hogwarts as well and was a part-time Auror.

I grinned. "I'm so excited, Sam. I just can't wait until Grandfather gets here and I can go to Diagon Alley!" I threw my arms around her neck.

She laughed. "I remember when I was your age. Although, I didn't have the privilege of personally getting handed my acceptance letter by the one and only Professor McGonagall." She fiddled with her necklace when I let go. It was the Hufflepuff crest. The house she'd been sorted into.

"How's HIM?" I asked, referring to her fiance.

She blushed. "He's fine. Has a cold, but it's mostly gone. He wants to get married next summer when you're out of school. Sound good to you?"

I nodded. "I wouldn't miss it for anything." I sniffed. "Is something burning?"

Her eyes widened. "Oh, no! The (pancakes/waffles)! Oh, no, no, no!"

I smiled. "Calm down, Sam. You can always make more. Besides, it means I can spend more time with you."

She sighed. "I suppose..."

My eyebrows shot up. "Do you not want me here?"

She chuckled. "No, I just hate to waste the batter."

I rolled my eyes. "C'mon, just throw them out. Besides, they're not good anymore."

She nodded. "Alright."

Soon they were done, and we chatted some more. After a brief moment, the (pancakes/waffles) were done.

We sat down to eat, and she divulged a story about her time at Hogwarts. After we were down, there was the sound of Apparation, and Sam got up and opened the back door. She smiled, then let the wizard and witch in.

"Professor, Great-grandfather!" I jumped up and hugged them both.

They smiled, and Professor McGonagall reached into her robes. My eyes widened in excitement. She pulled IT out.

I squealed. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

She laughed. "Ah, but I haven't even given it to you!" But then she laughed again and held out the envelope.

I all but snatched it from her hands, greedily opening it and reading the letter.

Dear Y/N Dumbledore,

You have been invited to Hogwarts, the school of witchcraft and wizardry. Here is a list of everything you will need on your journey through this magical school. You may bring either a toad, cat, or owl as a pet.