loofah

"this is stupid," sapnap whined as his chest was pressed up against george's back, who shuffled a little at the forced contact. "...and tight. why did you choose a friday night?"

they were stood in the middle of a mall, on a hot summer night, surrounded by swarms of people.

"because, friday or not, tomorrow is dream's birthday," george responded. "we need to get him something."

sapnap scoffed, but george couldn't hear him under the noise.

"i have a good gift idea," sapnap spoke a little louder. "how about we spend the night in a hotel tonight? scare him a little."

george raised an eyebrow, continuing to scan all the stores in the mall he could see from where they stood. "why would that scare him?"

sapnap sighed as if the answer was obvious, prior to being gently pushed closer to george. "because," he explained. "depending on how i tell him, he'll think we're freakin' doing it!"

george laughed more than sapnap expected him to. "that's the whole point?"

"the fact that it's pointless is the whole point."

"i still don't see why that would scare him," george pressed on. "other than the fact it's kinda gross."

sapnap just couldn't heavy sigh enough. "because, he obviously has the cutesies for you! it'll make him fucking shake."

george rolled his eyes without response, then pointed towards a zumiez. "let's get him shoes."

15 minutes of browsing, and sapnap had disappeared. george wasn't too concerned, though, because he knew he'd probably just got distracted and was going to come back soon.

he was right. about 2 minutes later, sapnap was pressed up against george's back again, holding a bag of his own.

"lush?" george asked, intrigued. "what did you get him from lush?"

sapnap smiled, pulling out the item he was most proud of. "a loofah. a green one."

george grinned. "does he not have one?"

"bingo!" sapnap exclaimed. "he always uses the wash cloths and it's annoying because then we run out and i have nothing to wash my face with, it's a very exhausting process, george."

"why don't you just buy more wash cloths then?"

sapnap continued to disregard him. "let's go get a hotel room, there's a hilton down the steet, cmon."

——

george sat on the bed of the hilton, examining the items in his bag for dream. a new pair of shoes, some stickers, some cologne, two new shirts, and fun socks (because he was just genuinely and utterly bored by dream's sock collection).

sapnap's gifts contained of a green loofah and a water bottle, except it wasn't metal or anything, it was just a plastic fiji bottle he got out of a vending machine. george made sure that sapnap was aware that his choices were just disrespectfully unimpressive.

sapnap sat next to george, watching his hands as he packed things into small boxes with wrapping paper.

"you like gift giving, huh?" he asked, causing george to smile for the first time since he saw the fiji bottle.

"yes, i do," george answered, slightly struggling with a certain box's corner. "it's fun to do with people like dream. he doesn't want anything in particular, and is grateful for everything he gets."

"then why don't you get him something cheap and small since he doesn't care?"

george was baffled at how this was sapnap's thought process in lush even though he wasn't aware of dream's gift receiving habits.