Chapter 3

Earth was a beautiful place- its vibrant colors leaving nothing to the imaginations. The bright blue hues of the sky, the green and brown hues of the ground. The warm colors of the flowers contrasting to the green bushes below them. And now there was nothing. Nothing but a vast empty space of sand and heat. with the death wave gone, it demolished everything in its path. The trees were tarnish, the earth crumbles it to sand, and the water? crystalized. there was nothing left. No recourse or life in sight. Bellamy Blake was completely and utterly alone.

He is trapped inside  the crumbled remains of Becca's lab for nearly three days before finally escaping. When he emerged above ground there was nothing in his line of sight for what stretched out for eternity. It was as if life itself never existed on Earth. Not after the death waves roaring wrath took havoc on the Earth's surface. Now there was nothing left.

The only place he could go was Polis in hopes of getting into the bunker and joining his sister and the others for a chance to survive, but given the map he found in the lab that was take him days on foot. But Bellamy didn't have any other choice, not yet anyway. A small shining object glistens off the suns rays, catching Bellamy's eye he rushes over to the spot and digs his hands down in the sand to uncover more of the metal object. In so doing he discovers it wasn't just any random metal plate shining in the sun, but the solar panel from the rover. It was covered in the sand. Maybe this trip to Polis wouldn't be so bad after all.

As Bellamy takes the Rover and drives over the fastest desert he finally arrives at his destination. However what he finds is not at all what he had expected. Not only was the last lush forests gone but the city of polis was demolished. He can only imagine what Arcadia looks like compared to this. Maybe alpha station blowing up wasn't such a bad thing after all- as far as Bellamy knew compared to polis this would have been their fate. No one would have survived.

Not only when the surrounding buildings and streets crumbled into rocks and Ash, but the tower itself had fell. The chamber door that led into the bunker was now sealed shut by the remains of the Tower. The only solution left would need to dig out the remains of the fallen rebel and hopes of getting to the chamber door. It takes spelling me days before he finally uncovers enough rebel for a tunnel to be reached to the entrance.

He shouts and yells and pounds until his knuckles are dripping black like the night while his throat is his horse and rough as the surrounding sands. No matter the lengths he goes to be heard no matter the lengths he goes to get inside there was no response. He knew by the radiation alone but the door may never be able to be opened until the 5 years were over; and with each passing second each slimmer of hope that he had slipping away. Just when he starts to to think the worst and noise can be heard from below. Someone heard him.

Like the petals of a blossoming flower hope began to bloom once again and Bellamy's chest. Maybe there was a chance after all he could be with his sister again. A few sticks and rubble still cluttered the hatch itself, not being able to fully open Bellamy makes a move to remove them. However that was a dire mistake. As soon as Bellamy grabbed a large stick to remove from the hatch door tunnel of rubble began caving in. In a matter of seconds all the work that he had put in to be with his sister and Friends was gone.

Any hope you had of living out his years in the bunker with Octavia but now crushed under the rubble remains of polish's Tower.

Hour after hour, and day after day Bellamy finds nothing left of Earth. It was as if no one, not even a single plant, had ever existed to begin with. Everything was simply gone within the blink of an eye. For days now Bellamy has been traveling on foot ever sine a sand storm knocked off multiple solar panels to the rover. Without a trip to Arkadia to scavenge materials there was no possible way of driving, so, on foot he went. There was no food, no water, no resources whatsoever to help him survive. His body was severely dehydrated, his lips dried and cracking while his body shaking and cramped with pains of hunger. But if a Blake was one thing it was stubborn. 

Bellamy pushed on no matter the pain, no matter the hunger or thirst. But in the end he was only human.

His vison begins to blur as his body begins to shut down. Bellamy hasn't slept in days, and his body not only needed the necessary items to give him nutrition, but sleep as well. Through the haze of the darkness surrounding him, hope shines its light as he spots a shadowed figure flying high above in the sky. With every ounce of strength he has, Bellamy shakes off the looming darkness pulling him down as he begins to stand. The shadowy figure begins to take shape in the form of a crow, one that circles above him until taking flight up North. Bellamy pushes onward and climbs up a sandy hill, nearly falling down before he makes it to the top- and if there was ever a feeling of immense victory this was it. Far beyond the sandy duns of hell, a flourishing green Valley comes into view. The first sign of life Bellamy has seen since before Primfaya. 

Maybe there is hope left after all.