Chapter Eight: Too Tired

Wendy POV

I wake up to the sound of Dipper shhing Mabel. He was probably trying to keep her quiet so I could sleep, but it didn't work very well.

I was still very sleepy, until I heard Dipper say it was 10:00. He was saying a whole bunch of other stuff, but I was too tired to listen. However, once I learned that I was 30 minutes late to work I woke up quickly. I realized that I was already at work, I just had to get ready.

I lay in bed while Dipper gets ready. Once him and Mabel are downstairs, I decide to get up. I'm about to get ready when I realize that I can't get ready. All of my stuff is at home, and I'm in the mystery shack. At this point, I decide to go downstairs and ask for the day off.

Stan isn't about to let me take a sick day. That's when my little hero comes to the rescue and says he'll take my shift. I try to tell him that he doesn't have to, but he insists.

Even better, once I start to walk home, he comes outside and joins me.

On our way to my house, he tells me what really happened on Soos' birthday, and how he sacrificed a date with me to get his sister's pig back. He's so thoughtful.

He also mentions that he saw me when I was five! Apparently I said I think he's cute... I had good taste.

I'm so tired, that once I arrive at home, all I'm able to do is say goodbye, then flop down on my bed.

My dad has been really busy lately, so I decide to not even bother him.

I just need to rest... Everything is okay, my dad is just doing his job so our family can be supported. My mom isn't here, making him have to work twice as hard. My job earns so little money, that at this point I'm doing it to entertain myself. The twins are pretty fun.

I start to think and daydream, until everything turns hazy and I drift off into hours of needed sleep.