Is this love?

A/N:///[September 2021]

Love, do I know what love is?

no.

Liam didn't know what love meant to him.

He dated Hayden. He liked her for a while. But was it love? It wasn't... Because after some time he didn't get the weird feeling in his stomach while kissing her or anything. It was weird. They had broken up a while ago. She left beacon hills. She broke his heart. Well it didn't break his heart but he still felt alone.

Who would want to be with him anyways... He was a stubborn kid with anger issues. He couldn't control himself. Everyone in the school was scared of him. He didn't deserve to be happy so he always locked himself in the bathroom and cry because he couldn't do this anymore. Everyone left him. Even someone he didn't want to lose. But he couldn't say that out loud. He was scared. Scared to admit his feelings.

He felt empty. He felt like something in his heart was missing.

Theo left him.

Like he said, he didn't deserve him anyways. Because whenever Theo tried to help him, he always rejected. He didn't realize how much Theo meant to him. From the moment Theo used himself as the bait, Liam knew that there was something about Theo that makes him weak. The way when Theo looked him, his eyes his perfect smile would melt Liam's heart.

When Theo took Gabe's pain that day, Liam knew he liked Theo. He wanted Theo. He wanted Theo to save him. He wanted to protect Theo and tell him about his feelings. But then next day morning Theo left. Without saying anything. It's like he didn't care. Or maybe he really didn't care... It's been a week since Theo left.

Mason and Corey knows about his feelings too now. Because he's not doing well. He lost his anchor. His anger issues are getting worse. He couldn't control himself. He would always get angry. He was tired.

He didn't even have Theo's number. 

He was now crying. He couldn't do this alone. He needed Theo. He was so worried about him. There were still hunters. What if Theo got caught. He was thinking all the bad stuff that could happen to Theo. Until he heard a knock on the door. He wiped his tears and washed his face. Ran to open the door because the doorbell won't stop ringing.

He didn't even notice that the heartbeat of the person behind the door was so familiar. The heartbeat that calmed him down.

He opened the door, finding a panting boy staring at him. His heartbeat going crazy. Theo. It was Theo with messy hair. Looks like he haven't showered in three days and haven't eaten anything at all. He looked pale.

"Liam..." Theo said after a moment of staring at Liam.

"What are you doing here?" Liam asked. He didn't know if he was excited or nervous to see Theo.

"I came back here." Theo didn't miss a beat.

"Why'd you even leave without telling me anything? You know I was so mad that you did that. How can you do such a thing?! At least you could tell me before leaving. I'm so not okay with this. I thought maybe you died-" Liam stopped when Theo came closer. Their faces inches apart.

"I came back for you." Theo almost whispered. But Liam heard him. He could feel Theo's breath ghosting his lips.

"What--" Liam didn't know what to say. He was mad buy he was also happy. Why would he come back for him. He didn't care right?

"I just needed to figure something out about myself... And- I figured that I uh.. I need you." Liam's heart skipped a beat. He hoped Theo didn't notice.

"I need you too, Theo" Liam answered.

"You're my anchor, I can't do this without your help and I think that-" I'm in love with you. That's what he wanted to say but he couldn't. What if Theo didn't feel the same? It would ruin whatever friendship they had. It's still good to have Theo around.

Theo grinned. It was a happy grin.

"I--" Theo started but then he couldn't say anything.

"Holy shit! Theo I think I'm in love with you." Liam fucked up. He mentally face palmed. Embarrassing. How could he say that? His stupid mouth did. Shit. Shit. Fuck. Holy shit.

Theo's eyes widened as he said that. Seriously? Liam knew he fucked up. He couldn't look at Theo. Theo didn't say a thing. Liam backed off and tried to lock the door. He was so stupid. He just ruined everything.

But Theo didn't let him lock the door. He grabbed Liam's wrist and pulled him so close that their chest were brushing. He could feel Theo's breath again. His heart doing this crazy thing again. Theo leaned closer. Liam didn't know what the hell was happening. Then it happened. Theo's soft lips attacked Liam's lips with a soft brush. Theo's lips moved against his own. It was soft and full of love. Liam kissed back. Their lips moved in sync.  Then they stopped from the lack of oxygen. Their faces still so close.

"You really think you can run away from me dumbass?" Theo smirked.

"I- I love you too." Theo blushed. Liam never saw Theo blush before in his entire life.

Then Liam knew it was love. Theo made him happy. That's what he needed. Love. Theo was his first love.
He didn't realize how much he loved him even though he thought he hated him.

They knew they loved eachother. That's what mattered.