Full Story

Calum is a yoga mum.

Well, not really, he's actually a nineteen year old engineering student, but he is still part of the L.A rich yoga mums group.

It all started two months ago, in January. Calum wasn't the most sportive person, but he made the new year's resolution of changing his lifestyle into a healthier one - one where he didn't sleep half of the time and ate cold pizza with disgusting reheated french fries at four AM while watching One Piece.

"I'm going to the gym," said Calum one afternoon, warning his roommate that he was heading out.

Ashton, sitting on the couch, turned his head to look at him, an eyebrow raised, "You? At the gym? Right," he said.

Calum stopped in his tracks, somewhat offended by his friend's comment, because what was that supposed to mean?

"Yes, me at the gym," he replied. "It's not that hard to believe," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Well, actually, yes it is," contradicted the hazel-eyed man. "Come on Cal, don't lie to me. Are you meeting with someone?" Ashton asked, curious.

Calum restrained a groan at the possibility of him seeing someone. He had been single for a good three months, and his last relationship was a mess. He wasn't going back to that territory anytime soon.

"No, I am actually going to the gym." He sighed, "Can't you see, sport shoes," he indicated in a 'duh' tone, pointing at his feet, "Nike sports bag," he added, shaking his large blue and black bag, hanging from his shoulder.

Ashton's eyes widened, "No way! I never thought I'd see the day Calum Hood would do anything sportive. And I say an-y-thing. I mean, you even get your subway delivered here," he said, incredulously.

The tan boy's cheek heated up and became the faintest shade of red, "Well, I don't like walking," he shrugged.

"It's right across the street mate."

Okay, saying that Calum wasn't the most sportive person might've been the euphemism of the century, but he was going to change that.

"Well, I decided to become healthy," he said in a resolute tone. "So no more lazing on the couch all day, and no more eating three Haagen Dazs in one hour every saturday night."

His friend snorted, "And what? Are you gonna start drinking detox cucumber smoothie and do yoga?" he questioned teasingly.

"No," scoffed Calum.

And that's how he ended up in a yoga studio in L.A, full of rich white women - plus Sue and Krishna - in their late thirties.

Right now, he's in a yoga studio, imitating the position Krishna, his yoga teacher, is in: she's lying on her front, her bust slightly raised and supported by her right arm, with her left leg folded in half at her side while the hand from the same side his pushing on her foot.

Calum recognises the half frog position. He had trouble mastering it at first, not being flexible enough - and also because he signed up for an intermediate class, even if he's a beginner, thinking it wouldn't be that hard - but now, he could keep this position for a few seconds without batting an eye.

"Remember to breathe," Krishna reminds them.

Calum inhales and exhales at the rhythm of the soft music playing in the speakers. He feels so relaxed and at peace when he does yoga, it allows him to not think about the stressful things happening in his life by focusing on his breathing and his positions.