Chapter 9

Iwaizumi dialed Oikawa's mum and asked whether she had a note. From the crying on the other end he guessed she had. "Shit, where could they have gone!" Iwa punched the brick wall of the cafe the others were currently outside of. "I saw a white spire in the background with a gold flame at the top, and they were in the middle of a forest." Sakusa stopped. "I know where they are." 

Daichi was still frozen in shock. He had one thought that circled through his mind like a vulture. 

I will not let you die today.

They called Makki, Mattsun, Osamu and Asahi and they told who they could until there was a search party of around 15 people from different schools all looking for the setters. They made it to the bottom of the mountain about half an hour after the call and once they had all met up, fanned out to cover as much ground as possible, while Daichi, Iwaizumi and Sakusa ran straight for the top.

Osamu and Asahi organised groups and handed out phone numbers. They stayed rational even as everyone else panicked. They had no fear because as they saw it, there was still time left.

 And judging from the frenzied state of Sakusa, Daichi and Iwaizumi, they would not be burying anyone today. 

The trio fought every pain in their bodies and instead ran, faster and faster, forging on ahead of everyone else, with a different face at the forefront of each of their minds. 

They did not stop, and could not identify the feeling then, that coursed through their bodies. Adrenaline? No, it was deeper than that. And they did not have the time or luxury of sitting down to figure out what it was. 

On and on, further and further , just one more step, one more lunge. We are coming for you, so just please...

Hold on. 

~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile they were still dancing, and for the moment disease and host were one, the flowers glowing and pulsing in time with the wild beats of the music.

Fallen petals littered the ground and created a multicoloured stage below the tree house that they were making good use of, the flowers acting like droplets of light. Atsumu had brought alcohol and they had shared the bottle, their flowers growing larger the more they consumed, until little blossoms had become large blooms that covered their bodies and clothes.

The flowers leaked bioluminescent liquid that travelled down their bodies and lit them like stars, until they were all glowing. The liquid got into their eyes and their eyes shone like diamonds. They were the earth and the trees and the grass, their hearts beating side by side in usion. They were covered in blood as they twirled. United by heartbreak they danced.

And danced

And danced. 

__________________________________

Wow, thank you all so much for almost 400 reads! I never could have thought this would get mildly popular, but here we are, I guess. Anywho, Chapter Nine. A little shorter, but we have much to go yet. Vote, comment and vibe on my page.