Angels 2: Two Parts of Sacrifice

Diluc inks the final curve of the character, completing his end of correspondence. For as weightless slabs of iron feel in his grip, it's ironic that foreign calligraphy escapes him — the pen is mightier than the sword, indeed. He makes a mental note to improve his handwriting in the Liyue language as he folds the letter, puts it in an envelope, and addresses it to his contact in the Harbor. He still can't believe that a mere boy, by the name of Xingqiu, is capable of effective espionage and vigilantism. But, knowing the kind of talent rising through the Adventurer's Guild, as well as certain aspirants for the Knights of Favonius, he tempers his disbelief. Remembering how young his own talents manifested, not even considering the Vision, he really should be less surprised. But, the days of innocent youth have long burned away for him. Though a new, vengeful passion rose like a phoenix from the ashes of tragedy, he still can't shake the feeling that, despite all of the places he has been and people he has met, the very chains he inherited have bound him in one way or another. This restrictive feeling has only become more apparent now that his movements against the Fatui are less physical, and more socio-economic. He wonders if this task he'll soon embark upon, with the assistance of the Feiyun Commerce Guild and the Millelith, will help ease this tightness.

ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ

"Get this to Liyue Harbor as quick as possible. Your escort will meet you at the beach between the Winery and the path towards the Stone Gate," Diluc informs Noelle, handing her the letter he wrote. From her seat in the back of the carriage, where she sits beside a shipment of wine as well as fresh grapes and other produce to be traded with Liyue Harbor, she leans over and takes the letter. She secures it beneath her breastplate, then creates a small geo rose reminiscent of those used by the Knights' Investigation Team Captain. She embeds the rose into her hip.

"Your secret is safe with me, Master Diluc. Permission to leave the carriage if I find it more expedient to deliver your message another way?" She asks.

"Yes. You are in charge of this mission, and your escort is aware of this. Direct them as you please. There will be a section of Millelith already prepared at the Wangshuu Inn to check the goods. Once there, you can decide whether to continue with them, or let them handle it as you all go on ahead," Diluc explains.

"Wonderful," Noelle smiles and nods, then notices a raven circling the sky above them. "Ah, it seems like we are late to meet the Adventure Team."

"Get going, then. Stay safe," Diluc gestures towards the horsemen in front that they're set to go. Diluc begins walking away as a certain nag in the back of his mind pesters him. He surrenders to it, and turns to address Noelle again as she rides away. "By the way, I'll be talking to the Acting Grand Master later!" Though Diluc's stern expression never leaves, a true heat warms his heart upon the sight of Noelle's surprise ascending into excited happiness. Having satisfied the nag, he continues walking back to the Dawn Winery.

Back inside the estate house, Kaeya immediately commands his attention.

"Carl is coming over, thought you should know," he says, walking across rooms to reach Rosaria, who is sitting at the table Diluc left her at earlier in the morning. Her glass is still full with wine, but the wine bottle beside her is noticeably emptier. Kaeya is carrying a dictionary which he sets down on the table as he sits beside Rosaria.

"Torrsson? Why?" Diluc asks.

"He is meeting with Eula to amend some matters of social standing," Kaeya answers as Rosaria takes the dictionary and starts flippantly flipping through its pages. Diluc considers the implications of such a thing, especially considering the word on the street about Carl.

"Can I rely on you to supervise the meeting? Not that I expect you to report to me about it, just that I would rather not have an aristocratic apocalypse on my hands," Diluc admits.