FORTY-TWO

It was around eight in the evening when she left her house to visit the so-called 'Demon's Den'. While on her way to cross the river, she thought about her decision some hundred times. She was scared; very scared to even step inside the woods at night and crossing the river was something that she would not even think of doing under bright daylight. Although she was once very motivated for crossing the river but after all that has happened she dared not to do so.

She walked for some twenty minutes and finally, she was standing in front of the tree line of the woods. Just as she reached, she could immediately sense the negative vibes that the place radiated and she rethought her decision once more.

'Do we really have to do it?' her mind kept asking her. The fire inside the heart was way bigger than she thought and that is why she could not think properly; she was just doing what her heart said to. In the dark, she could not see properly and therefore she had to turn the flashlight of her phone on. Looking out for any kind of animal that could be a danger to her, she looked as far as she could through the gaps in between the trees with the help of the flashlight that her mobile phone had.

Gathering up a lot of courage, she stepped forward and crossed the treeline. Although the river was a bit deeper inside in the woods, she felt she was in grave danger as soon as she crossed the treeline. She was walking towards the river very carefully so that she would make no noise and as she was on her way, she saw something move from the corner of her eyes and as soon as she realized that she was being watched, she bravely stopped in her place and looked around to see who or what it was. Looking to her right and pointing the flashlight towards the same direction, she saw a man standing; wrapped in a black cloak. She froze on the spot as she saw him and immediately knew that it was someone from the tribe. But as she was staring at the man who was standing at least eight feet away from her, she saw him take his cloak off and her eyes landed on the man's face. Although she could not tell who it was in the dark but as the male made his way towards Y/n, she saw his face and she relaxed a bit; it was Yoongi.

"What are you doing here?" Yoongi asked while furrowing his eyebrows in confusion; he did not expect to see Y/n here in the night.

"Thank god it's you. You know that Jungkook is missing, right?" Y/n questioned.

"Jung- who? I don't know anyone by that name!" Yoongi replied; of course, he did not know anyone by that name. He had never heard of Jungkook or Jimin or anyone that was related to Y/n.

"He- he is my lov- ahh, my close friend; yeah, my very close friend. He is missing from yesterday night an-"

"So you should be in the police station and not here, Y/n!" Yoongi whisper yelled at Y/n; he was worried for her.

"Jimin did go to the police station but nothing worked. Nobody knows where Jungkook is and also there is no evidence available of where he could have gone."

"Now who is this Jimin?"

"Jungkook's brother; his cousin actually." Y/n replied.

"Anyway, tell me what are you doing here?"

"I- I think Namjoon is the one that abducted Jungkook."

"What? And what makes you think so? I mean Namjoon went somewhere and did not yet return; he will be back tomorrow."

"I don't know Yoongi but I just believe that it is Namjoon, who is behind all these."

"Mmm, could be. So what's your plan?" Yoongi asked while sighing and crossing his arms over his chest.

"I don't know Yoongi but for now, I want you to take me with you."

-----

The duo was standing on the bridge that connected Namjoon's world to the human world.

"You are sure that you want to cross the bridge? You should know that once you cross, you can't return to your world." Yoongi informed Y/n and she was a bit taken aback by his words.

"What do you mean by I can't return?" Y/n asked.

"I- I mean that in case Namjoon comes to know that you were here, he'll kill us both." Yoongi answered.

"Oh! He has anyway killed all the people I loved and now he took Jungkook as well, at least I am guessing, so basically I have nothing to lose, and about you, I promise nobody would ever know that you were the one that helped me. I don't care; let's cross." Yoongi smirked at her words; he knew she would never do that and with that said, they both made their way to the other side of the river; hand in hand.

Y/n could guess why Yoongi held her hands; he did not want her to be lost in the middle of the woods. As they crossed the bridge, Y/n stopped and turned around to see the place that she was leaving behind. She knew that she had fewer possibilities of returning home and that is why she was kind of upset. Seeing the darkness in front of her, she realized that it was not just the place that was dark due to no illumination at all, it was her life that was dark as well. When she said she had nothing to lose, she did not lie. 'Did she have anything to lose though? NO!' she had already lost the most precious people of her life and now she did not fear anything; there was nothing that was holding her back.

Turning around and facing her fate, she gently gave Yoongi's hand a squeeze, indicating to him that she is ready to go. As the duo stepped further inside the woods, Y/n realized it was not any normal woods that people always talked about; it was a fucking dense forest. For her world, it was simply a place with tall trees in line and a beautiful river that divided two worlds but what the humans did not know was that a deep forest lied on the other side. There were trees with thick trunks, the roots would grow at least till thirty feet under the ground and the canopy of the forest was so high and dense that it almost allowed zero sunlight or moonlight to fall on the ground. Few gaps in between the large leaves allowed her to see the sky and with the help of the almost zero illumination, she could understand how big the forest was. Looking at the sky and sadly smiling to herself she thought that even though she is away from her world and away from her people, no matter what, they would always stay under the same sky and that thought somehow could calm the anxiety that was growing inside of her.

After walking for about twenty to twenty-five minutes after crossing the river, she finally could see lights at least about twenty meters away from where they were.

"We are almost there!" Yoongi spoke.

please vote! :)