CH. 42 MORE DRAMA AND DANGER

Thanksgiving with a large functional family was unlike anything I could remember doing before being taken

Thanksgiving with a large functional family was unlike anything I could remember doing before being taken. We had dinners but the gatherings were never this big. I'd helped Octavia prepare a large amount of food since she said there would be guests coming. They had friends from other packs and then there were families in this pack that couldn't cook and came by.

As formal as it was, it was just as informal. Octavia had me go back and change into something a little nicer than jeans, so I wore tights and a knit orange sweater dress and shin high boots. I put on Sol's matching harness and orange shoes. He was brushed to perfection and I'd even did a little doggy dental work on him.

Khelan had on brown slacks and a brown shirt with orange stripes. We looked so coordinated and fall like. Misty and Ashton were invited and I was at ease with him being around. He no longer felt like a memory and he was completely dedicated to his mate. The two had a hard time keeping their hands off each other and now Misty did bear his mating mark and he bared hers.

Cody came by and he wasn't comfortable with my decision at first but even he now had to admit that what was, was completely gone now. 

 It was super cold out now, just barely above freezing. The shifters didn't feel it, and I did feel it but I could easily handle it. Music was started than filtered out into the front yard.

Everyone was outside and it was now just one huge party with everyone fed. I got a lot of praise from my deserts and requests to make more. That really made me smile. I figure I would always love cooking.

I was outside chatting with Misty getting information on how well Ashton was fitting in with the clan. She was pleased because the mate who'd rejected her was really feeling like shit. Apparently, after Ashton claimed her, Misty got her bear and she was a big beautiful bear according to Misty. I smiled at her stories and how Ashton was able to sit that arrogant bear down with one punch.

Khelan came over from his conversation with Cody and Reilene. He'd had his mind carefully blank all day, so I knew he was up to something.

"Let me borrow my girl for a minute, Misty."

"She's all yours." Misty waved with a smile.

Khelan led me over to the edge of the crowd and the music was then cut. The male got down on one knee, confusing the crap out of me.

"Why are you down there?"

Khelan smiled and now I felt nerves. "This is what a male does when he is going to ask his queen to marry him." He pulled a small velvet lined square box from his pocket. "And I'm more than ready to tell my queen, before this entire pack and our family and our friends just how much I adore you, Tehani. I want you to be the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep. I am so thankful that I was granted another chance at love and I am here on bended knee, cliche of all cliches, to ask for your hand in marriage."