Chapter 6 - Kiss Marry Kill

'I assume you've heard of Kiss Marry Kill?'

'...'

'...'

It was the evening, and Byakuya and I had decided that one meal a day wasn't enough. However, the second Monokuma suggested the challenge, I instantly regretted it.

'Yes, I have..' I muttered.

'Me as well.'

'Well, you two are gonna play that!' Monokuma said, 'But with a twist~! Whatever you choose, will happen! So if you put down to kiss someone, you'd have to kiss that person! Similarly, if you put down someone to kill, that person will get executed!'

'..What about the marry part?' Byakuya questioned.

'Oh, that? I'll replace that with punch to make it a lot easier!'

The hole in the wall opened up, and two sheets of paper and two pens fell out. Monokuma smiled. 'Write down your answers, then put them back in the wall! And if you don't answer, you die~'

I nervously grabbed the paper before quickly writing the first two answers down. I stopped and looked at Byakuya, who looked like he was thinking hard about the first one..? '..Hey, Byakuya?'

'Yes?'

'Why do you hate Toko so much?'

He paused for a second before answering. 'She reminds me of someone in my past. I don't like to talk about it.'

The hurt in Byakuya's eyes made me angry for some reason, and I found myself writing in the third box. Toko Fukawa.

'Alrighty, are you finished?' Monokuma said, 'Wait, bri'ish boy still needs to pu' in the first answer.. Would you like a bo'oh o' wa'er?'

'...'

'...'

'Anyways- Finish it now. Or you die.'

Byakuya sighed. 'I'm done.'

'Great! Now put them in the box!'

I hesitantly walked over to the wall and put the paper through a small slot that had appeared. Byakuya did the same.

'Ok, now time for a live broadcast!' Monokuma began, 'Hello, mic check, can you hear me? Good, now, Byakuya and Makoto have written their Kiss Marry Kill papers, so let's see them!'

I felt all colour drain from my face. He's going to... read them to everyone?

'Let's start with Makoto's. Ahem,' the bear said, 'Kiss: Byakuya Togami. Punch: Hifumi Yamada. Kill: Toko Fukawa.'

Byakuya looked at me with an unreadable expression when Monokuma said Toko's name. '...'

'Now, time for Byakuya! Kiss: Makoto Naegi.'

What? Why would he choose me? What does this mean? Does he like me? WHAT'S GOING ON?

'Punch: Aoi Asahina. Kill: Toko Fukawa.'

I expected him to pick Toko, but.. why Hina?

The screen flickered to one of the security cameras, showing everyone staring at us in shock. Monokuma smiled. 'Now.. Why don't you two just kiss now?'

I looked at Byakuya with a half-confused half-gay panic look. He sighed. 'Don't look at me like that. I chose you because you're the least annoying here.'

'Oh...! Okay!' I smiled, though honestly I felt like crying. What's going on with me?

'This means nothing, Naegi,' Byakuya walked towards me and placed a hand on my cheek.

It felt like my heart was breaking at his words. I wanted to lay on the floor and cry, but I had to do this. Push the feelings down, everything will be okay.

I got up on my tiptoes, closing the gap between us.

The kiss only lasted a few seconds, but when we broke apart I instinctively smiled. 'See, that wasn't too bad.'

Byakuya looked away, muttering something. It looked like he was blushing. It's probably just the light.

'Now, time for the execution!'

I looked back at the screen with a face of horror. No...

'Aaand... It's punishment-'

Monokuma suddenly stopped. 'Actually no. I'm bored now. Bye!'

The screen switched off, leaving Byakuya and I standing in confusion.

'At least nobody died..?' I said hopefully.

'Yeah yeah, whatever,' Byakuya walked into the bathroom, locking himself in.

Less than a minute later, I heard muffled sounds from behind the door. It sounded like Byakuya's voice.

Is he okay?