𝗢𝗢𝟮

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll make up for it next update.

The quirk assessment test came and went. The whole time it was a competition between you and Bakugou, and the exhilarating thrill you got from it was quite nice. It was exciting, much more fun than you had originally anticipated. Still, it was nice. It filled your heart with a palatable feeling, and honestly you didn't care what place you came.

Until you saw that you came 3rd, tied with Bakugou. Then it mattered.

"Excuse me, Erasure sir. I have a question."

Aizawa lifts his head to look at you, although he seems rather annoyed that you're talking to him. "Yes?"

You clear your throat. "So, um, wel-"

"WHY THE FUCK AM I TIED WITH THIS TWERP!?"

Oh yeah, Bakugou. He'd been so quiet you completely forgot that he existed. "It's good to see you're still alive. It's a shame you haven't lost your voice though." He turns to you with a glare, and normally you have shit yourself while apologising. This time, you just smirked and winked at him. "Bad dog," you tease.

"Um.. Y/n, you probably shouldn't do that.." Yaoyorozu warned. You turn at her and shrug, pretending you don't know what you're doing wrong.

Honestly, you weren't doing anything wrong. What's a little bit of friendly banter between friends? Although, Bakugou definitely wasn't your friend.

You stop for a bit and think. Friend. The word was foreign to you. Yes, Shinsou was your friend, but you never really called him that aloud. To you, he was just 'Toshi, or - straight up - Shinsou. You'd never told anyone he was your friend. Not even Kaoru had heard the word come out of your mouth. Were Uraraka and the other girls your friends? Or was there a specific friendly criteria that had to be adhered to? You didn't know, but you'd probably find out later. After all, this was the start of a new journey, and you could already feel the old you begin to fade and shed light on the new you.

"Is she okay? She's been staring at the ground for a long time..."

Oh yes. You're at school and not on some weird planet where you can just stare at the ground all day. Shame.

"I'm fine," you reply, turning to look at a green haired boy- Izuku, you think his name was. "I was praying to whatever God would listen that Bakugou and I weren't actually tied and it was some sort of mistake. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that way." Said blonde it glowering at you with his teeth bared, about to say something. You interrupt him. "It also seems as if he has rabies, seeing as he's foaming at the mouth."

"NOW LISTEN HERE YOU-"

"Y/n, for the love of God shut up. You too Bakugou." Aizawa was clearly sick and tired of the two of you, and you were tired too. Annoying Bakugou was exhausting. Easy, but exhausting.

...

The walk home was silent. Shinsou wasn't with you, he was busy with something or other. The silence was deafening, it made you want to scream. And despite the fact that the sun had only just began to set, you felt cold.

Hues of purple, orange and yellow coloured the sky. You loved sunsets, but today you couldn't care less. It's funny how you went from bright and happy to an anxious mess so quickly. Still, whilst at school, you were provided with some sort of warmth. Now, you just felt cold and alone.

At first, you hated the idea of going to Yuuei. It made you feel sick to your stomach, and you had told Kaoru this. They didn't listen and sent you to school anyway. Now, Yuuei is a beam of light that comforts you.

"Hey, twerp. Why are you crying?"

Bakugou? Where did he come from, and what did he mean crying? You lift you hands to your face and realise- oh, you are crying.

You try to come up with a witty retort, but you can't. So you ignore him instead, sighing as he jogs up to you. "Are you crying since we're tied? Cause that's pretty pathetic of yo-"

"Shut up. I don't know why I'm crying, okay? Now leave me alone."

After that, it just got more awkward. Somehow, though, his presence warmed you up. Probably just his quirk, you conclude.

Suddenly, the silence was less deafening, and the air less tense. It felt calm, and Bakugou actually shut the fuck up for once.

The two of you eventually had to split up, and as much as you wanted to, you resisted the urge to wave at him. You still turn to him, a crooked- slightly manic smile on your face.

"See ya." You say. He's about to reply, but you're not quite finished. "Tsuki." That's when you turn and sprint, laughing as you hear him swearing at you.

Yeah, annoying Bakugou was definitely fun. If you had stayed behind a little longer, you would have seen the tint of red on his face.