11 ㅡ is this where we say goodbye?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ered enha.

that's what is read on the letters carved on the limestone. the marble statue of jungwon's father stands in front of him, empty eyes soulless as it looks out to nothingness.

eventhough it's only a marble statue of him, jungwon is somewhat content to see him once again.

a hand is placed on his shoulder and he looks over to see jake giving him a comforting smile, "you'll get through this." in return, jungwon musters up a reassuring one to shoot back.

someone else pats his other shoulder "hey." heeseung greets him. "the ceremony is starting soon." the eldest usher the two to the pavillion nearby in which the funeral ceremony will be held.

upon his appearance, his relatives; the primuses, the pyres and the queen zael share their condolences with him.

his aunt, nyx, engulfs him into a much needed hug as she softly tells him, "you have us, dear."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the manor is a lot lonelier than the day jungwon left it. despite all the furnitures covering the space, it feels empty and desolated.

walking around his childhood home fills jungwon with sadness as he passes the hallway of photos.

he halts upon nearing the largest of them.

it's a portrait of a toddler him being carried by his smiling father who is embraced by her once, very in love mother.

it was taken that time his father first visited the human realm for him. for some reason, jungwon can remember the warm, comforting feeling when he ran to get hugged by his father for the first time.

it was that time where everything was fine.

that time everyone was content and happy.

the tears he has been holding back at the ceremony finally fall from his eyes and down his cheeks as he grips the frame with his shaking hands.

the loneliness hits him like a wave and he helplessly trembles at the overwhelming feeling.

"i hope it was reasonable, father.. why you wanted me dead.."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"happy birthday to you~!" everyone finishes the song in chorus, watching as the young twins blow the candles of their birthday cake. they are cheered on afterwards with big smiles.