Chapter 2: Fly

Everything felt quite numb for Ryousuke as he lays on his bed, pondering about the events that had transpired today. So much had happened at once and he is expected to have such an answer for Miyazaki tomorrow. The answer was quite obvious for the young man. It was a resounding and positive yes. His motivation for being interested in FC was quite simple. His father, alias Golden Baron, had a legacy ruined by that witch. Every so often, he would have that very same dream. And it would hurt all the same. He knew that it was something to be discussed with his parents, they are right there. But he feels this constant undefeatable pride that takes over his reasoning every so often.

It was a need to take up his father's legacy. A need to take revenge for what Black Alice did to his old man on that faithful day. He had to reaffirm to himself his main motivation for it all. For a long time, he was unsure what exactly made him so enraged, what made him so pumped to put on Grav-Shoes every day. The Golden Baron will rise once again, even if that meant that Ryousuke would spend his whole life trying to achieve that. The only other problem was that his opportunity into the world of FC is quite... Precarious.

Segawa Alice, That was the name of that witch's daughter. For the time being, he'll just call her by her last name, Segawa. It was quite interesting how things play out now that he thought about it. He happened to fall asleep and got Miyazaki to wake him up, leading him to find out about the FC club that was forming; he then so happened to run into Alice while he was heading home. What she told him irritated him a bit, though. Learning to enjoy flying and FC just like their parents did? Fall in love with it? It doesn't make any sense. When Ryousuke looks to the sky, he sees a proving ground for redemption. There's nothing to love about it, it's meant to be bested and used. It was not much use pondering about it too much, and Ryousuke just had to accept the fact that he has to work with the coach for the FC club. She must have quite the aptitude and general skill when it comes to FC since Black Alice must have directly passed down everything she knew. 

In stark contrast, Ryousuke's father never went out of his way to try and nudge or direct Ryousuke into participating in FC. They only went out to watch matches or go to look and buy some Grav-Shoes. That was it, no initiative by his father. But Ryousuke appreciated that since he felt no pressure in thinking about his future or aspirations once he is out of high school. But at the same time he never really spoke much to his father about how he dealt with his loss and retirement from FC. The most he got was the subsequent weeks after his retirement. He said that he made an effort to remove all traces of his career from the papers and the internet. He wished for "the new generation to move on to the next promising star", which always puzzled Ryousuke. Why would anyone want to erase their legacy from the sport they dominated for so long? But that's Ryousuke's father for you, quite a mystery. Even to his son.

It was getting quite late, and the day ahead was going to be the one that changes Ryousuke forever.

"Flying Circus, huh..." He looked over to his bed's side table, seeing his civilian grade Grav-Shoes sitting there. It has been such a long time since he used them. He always attributed them to be a bad omen, since it would remind him of that dreaded day.

"I'm going to need one kickass alias then." He started pondering to himself with a huge grin on his face. He started to think of some silly ones to start, but he would probably die of embarrassment if it was announced in front of thousands of people.

"Ah yes, the Ass Muncher." He could not help but wheeze in amusement but went back to thinking about it.

Since he would be continuing the legacy of the Golden Baron, it would be fitting to be at least related to the name. But what if he just changed the name? That would make things different, but people would still remember his father almost immediately.