Chapter One

From the beginning, they knew.

They didn't even try to hide it.

Oh, and I'm not talking about Phil and Kristen.

"What do you mean they're not allowed back?" Phil asks.

"I'm sorry Phil but we've ignored this for too long, your youngest son tried to eat mud, and your oldest threatened me with a plastic knife!" The poor teenage girl was at her wits end.

"What about Wilbur?" Phil asked.

"Sand...and the fish," she glared at him, "I'm sorry Phil but you're gonna have to find someone else, I can't do this, and with school starting I just..."

"I understand, thank you so much for putting up with them," Phil nods.

"No problem, tell the next babysitter I wish them all the best, they're gonna need it,"
***
"Techno, what did I say about the knife?" Phil sighed as soon as he got in the car.

His three sons lined up in a row in the back seat.

"Not to threaten people with it," Techno sighed.

"And what did I say about eating sand AND mud,"

"It's gross," Wilbur muttered.

"Exactly, when we get home, you all are going in time-out," Phil scolds, starting the car.

"Dadza," Wilbur asked.

"Yes?" Phil sighed, beginning to back out of the driveway.

"Am I gonna see the fish again?" He asked.

"No, I don't think you'll be seeing the fish again," Phil rolled his eyes.

He loved his sons but they were troublemakers, even Tommy who could barely talk yet.

Techno was relatively smart for his age, granted, he learned most of what he knows from the Karate movies Phil used to watch before taking in Wilbur, and Documentaries he put on to help him fall asleep. Techno especially liked the ones about Greece, and had taken to calling Tommy "Theseus," which was hard to explain whenever he did it in public.

Wilbur was slightly better, but not by much. He had an odd fascination with fish. He knew a lot about them and would just stop and stare whenever he saw one. He would even claim that he was in love with the fish at his...now ex-babysitter's house. He even had attempted to eat sand on many occasions, and also threw a tantrum whenever he saw an anteater, which wasn't often, but it still happened every time, and was very weird. At least this one would at least try to calm Tommy down with jokes and songs.

And Tommy...all he did was scream. He screamed when he was happy, when he was sad, when he was angry...Tommy screamed. And that was about all he did. And when he did say coherent sentences or words, it was still loud. And very odd.

All of the boys had previously been orphaned by different families and Phil had taken them in. Almost all of them were barely one when they were adopted. And Phil didn't mind, he'd wanted a child for so long but never found the right woman to marry, so he'd just decided to adopt, which had turned out well for him...he guessed.

When the fleet arrived at their house Phil wasn't even angry anymore, he was just tired, and punishing them just wouldn't do any good. He'd tried.

"Where are we going tomorrow?" Techno asked.

"What?" Phil replied, helping Tommy out of his car seat.

"Miss Babysitter said she was done with us, and she talked to you. Where are we going tomorrow?" Techno asked again, as if that explained how he knew they were technically banned from asking her to take care of them during the day again.