Chapter Three

Early one Saturday morning, just as the sun was finally turning the sky blue, Techno had made his way into Phil's room...unbeknownst to a still, very asleep, Phil.

Techno had heard Phil talking about something special for a while. Something expense, something important, and most importantly, something Techno and his brothers should NEVER go looking for.

Phil clearly didn't know his children as well as he thought he did, because if he did know, he would've known that Techno would've gone straight for it.

Techno began rummaging around the room, quietly, so as to not wake Phil up.

All it took was opening a dresser drawer to find what it almost certainly was...

A ring box.

He slowly and carefully prodded it open, "Whoaaaa!"

It was gorgeous...

It was silver, with a large diamond in the center.

"Who's there?" Phil muttered, still half-asleep.

"Just me!" Techno tried to keep his excitement at bay, "I thought you might have taken one of my books!"

Techno quickly closed the box and the drawer with the ring still tightly secure inside.

"What book?" Phil asked.

"The Uhh..." Techno scanned around the room, "'The Art of War'! It's yours but I want to read it, so it's mine now!"

"'The Art of'-? Okay, sure," Phil sighs, sitting up.

Techno quickly grasps the small book and rushes out of the room.
***
"Guys! Dadza is gonna propose! I saw the ring!" Techno announced to his younger brothers.

"Great Techno, now let me sleep!" Wilbur whined.

"Sleep!" Tommy echoed.

"But that means Mumza will be our real mom!" Techno explains.

"What? Really?" Wilbur perks up at that.

"Mumza!" Tommy yells.

"She's gonna be our mom! Dadza's gonna have to thank us!" Wilbur boasts.

"Why?" Techno asks.

"Because you got us kicked out of Miss babysitter's house and we all set up Dadza with Mumza!" Wilbur explained, "and there's gonna be a wedding!"

"What are you boys talking about?" Phil walks in, groggily.

"Books," Techno lies.

"Books!" Tommy echoes.

"Okay, boys, I'm not gonna be here tonight, and neither will Miss Kristin," Phil explains, "Miss Babysitter will be back-"

"You're proposing to Mumza!" Wilbur yells.

"Who told you that?" Phil asked.

"Wilbur!" Techno whined.

"That would explain the drawers opening," Phil laughs, "it's okay, I just don't want you saying anything,"

"We won't," Techno promises.

"Won't!" Tommy yells.

"Good, now, come downstairs and eat something,"
***
"Alright, you three be good, no knife talk," Phil instructs.

"Mr. Minecraft I will keep them at bay, I took a few more classes since...last time..." the teen girl sighed.

Phil didn't want to ask questions.