42

We dried off and packed up everything in the cave. We put it into the car and drove off to Chick-fil-a I'm actually starving and I did promise I would eat for Roman so I'm gonna have too anyways.

Roman gave me one of his shirts to put on over my swim suit so I was feeling more comfortable walking outside in public.

"Rom."

"Hm?" He hummed.

"After chipotle can we go past my dads?"

"Sure why?"

"I don't know. I miss Cole and syd."

"Okay." He said intertwining our fingers together.

We got to the window and Roman asked me what I wanted. I just got waffle fries because those are chefs kiss. Roman got a chicken sandwich and two drinks.

We waited, got our food and then went too my dads.

"Are you going in by yourself?"

"We might as well tell them we are engaged."

"Okay." He said coming out of the car and helping me. I'm literally so unfazed. Like I don't want to be here but I want to at the same time. I took my fries with me but Roman left his sandwich in the car and only took his drink.

I unlocked the door with the spare key and went inside.

"Hello?" I shouted.

"Sofia?" Syd said running down the stairs.

"Hey! Where dad and Cole?"

"Inside. Who's that?" She said pointing at Roman.

"I'm her husband." Roman said crouching down and whispering. Syd gasped loudly and dragged me into the living room.

"Sofia?" Cole said standing up.

"Hi." I said waving. Dad turning his attention to me and gave me an apologetic look which made me furrow my brows.

"Where's Linda?" I said looking at dad as Roman went and sat on the couch.

"She's gone." I went to sit down next to Roman but he gripped my wast making me sit on his lap.

"What?"

"I caught her with Sydney."

"Sydney?"

"Mhm. Where have you been." He said raising his eyebrows at me.

"I mean I was kidnapped not too long ago." I said taking a bite out of the fries.

"Sofia are you okay?" Cole said furrowing his brows.

"I can walk so I'm fine."

"I'm talking mentally. You said that so calmly."

"Mhm." I nodded flashing him a smile.

"What's going on with you two." Dad said pointing at the both of us.

"We are engaged sir." Roman said adjusting the way he was sitting with his hands on my waist.

"Oh really?" Cole said surprised.

"Yeah."

"Congrats." Dad said giving the apologetic look again.

"I'm sorry."

"About?"

"Linda."

"It's fine."

"No it wasn't." Roman said sitting up and wrapping his arms around me.

"I know it wasn't. And I'm sorry."