Chapter 14

"So you guys are childhood friends, right?" New asked, staring at Gun.

The three are currently in the library so Off and New could help Gun with his upcoming chemistry quiz (that Gun had blurted out about when they were in the cafeteria).

Off nods on behalf of the two of them. "Yeah, we are."

New just looks at him and looks at Gun again. Off's brows furrowed.

What the fuck is this guy's problem?

"Did Mild not attend any classes today?" Gun asked as he played with the pen in his hand.

Off forgets about his annoyance and shrugs, turning to Gun. "No idea... she probably did but did her best to avoid us as much as possible..."

Gun frowns at what he says. It has been 4 days since the Mild-almost-slapping-Gun situation and he finally gets what New was saying earlier.

"Off, we really have to see Mild soon..." Gun says, looking at his best friend.

Said best friend turns to him (after a glaring competition with New) and raises an eyebrow. "Why's that?"

"It's been four days! If we stretch this thing out any longer, we might never get out of it, Off." Gun frowns.

New smiles. "He's right, Off."

"I'm older than you." Off spoke.

New scowled. "P'Off."

Gun watches the interaction, extremely perplexed. "Um, are you guys mad at each other? Why are you guys talking as if you want to shove daggers down each other's throats?..." Gun jokes but instantly stops when he notices they were serious.

"Did you guys already know each other? No, that can't be possible, you asked for New's name earlier..."

The two males turn to Gun.

"I just don't like him." New claims.

Off's eyebrows furrowed for the umpteenth time. "And why the hell is that?"

Thitipoom smiles (what a fake ass smile!). "Do I need a reason to not like you?" He asked. "Can you give me a reason why I should like you instead?"

The eldest frowns and his hands turn into fists not long after. New notices and smirks even more. "I'm just annoyed because Gun was dragged into a fake-dating type of situation because you decided to confess like that."

Off was about to speak up, but Gun reacted first.

"HEY!" Gun shouted and stood up, pushing his chair back.

"New, I don't know why this situation bugs you so much, despite you not being at all involved, but it's not Off's fault that I'm... we're in this situation. I had to keep Mild with me the whole time during the game, and I FAILED to do so." Gun inhales deeply, glaring at New.

"This is all on me and if anything, Off was the one who got dragged into this mess. Don't blame him for anything he didn't do."

His best friend stares at him in shock.

They hear footsteps behind them and Gun sighs.

"What are you boys shouting about? This is a library!" The librarian spoke sharply from behind Gun. "This is your first warning!"

"I'm truly sorry, miss. It won't happen again," Off says, smiling as politely as he can.

The librarian stares at him up and down, "Very well." And with that, she leaves.