06 | FAQ & Important Links

Do you find it tricky to navigate Wattpad sometimes? We know it's a big place. These resources should help answer some of those burning questions, like What if something is acting glitchy? What if someone won't leave me alone? How does it all work?

Any words you see highlighted or underlined are links. Click on those and you will be directed to helpful places.

Are you looking to enhance your user experience?

Wondering how to tag your story to give it better discoverability? You'll find tagging tips right HERE.

Do you wish you could control what stories are recommended to you? You can toggle tags on and off or block certain tags to define your preferred content. Learn more HERE.

Did you know there are a couple of ways to search for stories by a tag word? If you want a broad selection of all the stories using a certain word or genre, use this search criteria: wattpad.com/search/insert word here For example, wattpad.com/search/vampire If you want to refine your search for the top ranking (Hot List) stories, use this search criteria: wattpad.com/stories/insert word here For example, wattpad.com/stories/vampire

If you want to adjust your reading preferences, such as applying dark mode or changing font size, you can learn to do that HERE.

When is a story mature?

Ever wondered what makes a story mature on Wattpad? Or what is deemed banned content? Consult the Content Guidelines to learn more.

Did you know there is a code of conduct on Wattpad?

Yes, there is a good way and a bad way to conduct yourself on the platform. Find out more HERE.

Meaning of Conduct - the manner in which a person behaves, especially in a particular place or situation.

Are you experiencing a platform problem?

Sometimes things don't work the way they're supposed to. If this happens, we suggest you check the Known Issues page first. Often Wattpad is already aware of it.

There's also a nifty place called Wattpad Status where you can stay informed about platform outages.  

Got a Wattpad issue or question?

Sometimes you just want to understand something better. For all things Wattpad, we encourage you to check out the Help Center

Have a question? Try Wattpad's Virtual Helper.

Need to report something that's not right?

If something has gone wonky for you on Wattpad, and you've checked the Known Issues page, you can find reporting options HERE.

If your issue is user related, perhaps you believe someone is not observing Wattpad's code of conduct or content guidelines, you can report them HERE.

Did you know you can mute someone? Tired of their negativity? Read THIS page to find out more.

Your safety matters

We strive to keep Wattpad a safe place for you to share your stories. Please read our Community Safety Guidelines for steps you can take to feel secure and happy on the platform.

You can visit Wattpad's Safety Portal to educate yourself and learn the steps Wattpad takes to keep you safe.

What's the deal with the Ambassadors?

They are a group of Wattpad users like you who volunteer to help out around Wattpad. They greet new users and help to keep the community happy and engaged. Want to know more? Here are some places you can go.

Who are the Ambassadors of Wattpad?

The Ambassadors Program Guide - Interested to join? Here's where and how!

Graphics and Stickers

Need help wrapping your head around graphics and how to make them awesome? We got you.

How to create a cover using Canva or Desygner

How to create a sticker using Canva. Be sure to read the section on digital stickers.

Do you want to improve your storytelling skills?

We know that practice makes perfect. And we have a lot of users on the platform who are here to work on their craft. So we've shared some links to our recommended hang-outs for Wattpad writers.

Storytelling Tips - A fun guide with tips for writing and posting stories on Wattpad.

Improve Your Writing - An Ambassador-run profile dedicated to writers who are looking for advice about the craft, author branding, and a place to challenge their writing skills.

Creators 101 - Details about Wattpad's Creators program.

Writing 101 - A reading list filled with tips and advice on EVERYTHING!

Are you interested in community-run profiles?

Community Hub - Are you a reader? A writer? Do you enjoy graphics and covers? There are many wonderful profiles run by users like you with a desire to bring members of the Wattpad community together through mutual interests. Check out the Community Hub profile for deets.

Did we miss anything? Please let us know what else might be helpful to you.