FIFTEEN

Victoria...

I walked side by side with Evan. Most of the kids had already left the campus, and I spent most of class time crying into Evan's shoulder. There was still a blotch of my tears on his hoodie. I asked if it didn't bother him, and he said it was nothing.

We walked down the ramp, to the parking lot, where I saw Elizabeth and Natalie. I hadn't seen them all day. I spent most of school time with Evan. I guess my curiosity got the best of me.

"Tori!" Elizabeth yelled, and came running up to me. "Tori, what the hell? You left me today."

"I'm sorry," I said, pulling her off me, "I was with Evan."

Elizabeth looked behind me, where Evan stood awkwardly. She glared at him, while he stood with a face void of any emotion. The pure tension between them was astonishing. It intrigued me, enough to walk over to Evan and grab his hand.

"Were friends now. He's not so bad."

Evan stilled, like, he stopped working or something. Elizabeth's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Seriously? Him? Why?" She asked.

"Yeah Tori," Nat whispered in my ear. "Your not dumb - you know who he is. You could get in trouble too."

"Guys!" I called out, "Evan is cool, hes nice. He's sticking with us. Just wait till he warms up to you."

Everyone gave me a look like I was an alien. I couldn't blame them, he did have a bad rep. And no one wanted to get mixed up in what he did. But, I'm sure they just have to get to know them.

"Alright." Elizabeth sighed, "I'll give the kid a chance."

"Were the same age-"

"Really?!" I beamed.

"Sure. He can't be that bad. He could be a good punching bag too."

I gave Elizabeth a dirty look.

We were sitting by the parking lot, and Nat had already left by then. Elizabeth told me what happened during lunch, and what Celeste was up to. I cursed under my breath.

Then Elizabeth asked about my day. I pried away from talking about choir. But, Elizabeth was smart. She was focused, and knew something was up when I wasn't talking about my favorite class.

"Did something happen?" She asked, and I could feel Evan tense with me. "You usually go on and on about choir. Did something happen?"

"Um... well..." I really didn't want to say. Pity is what I didn't want. It happened, it's over, I dont need anyone's hopes or wished to get better. It's like saying sorry when someone dies. But then I remembered who I was talking to.

Elizabeth has been through worse. She's like me. She's been through what I have - she knows me. I know she won't give pity.

"I had a flashback. I think. Either that or a panic attack... maybe a mix of both."

Both Elizabeth and Evan stared at me in surprise. Then, she finally said,

"Well, that's unfortunate." She sighed, and leaned back on her hands. "Maybe you should tell Aaron and Charles about this."

"I will." I said.

It was quiet for a while. Eventually, Evan, with a slight tone in his voice, broke me out of my daydreams.

"Hey, Tori?" He called, "Celeste is here."

I jumped up, and walked around them to find her walking our way. She and some other boy I've never seen with her.