Chapter 2- Adam's Backstory

a/n: i'm sorry this took so long- we all had been really busy during the summer, but we will certainly catch up on the stuff we HAVE missed. apologies again!! 🐍
———————————————————————————
10/20/2001
Dear Diary,
The clock struck 6am. I opened my eyes, and stared at the ceiling for 10 minutes, before I snapped back to reality. I walked to the bathroom, and thank goodness that my siblings weren't up yet, nor were my parents. Our school starts at 8am, but I like waking up early and having that time to myself, since I am quite an introvert. My day starts with a cup of coffee. I know, it seems a bit too extreme for a 16 year old, but a cup of hot coffee in the bitter cold of Minnesota really helps wake you up. I walked back to my room to get my headphones, and my three VHS tapes. Then, I walked down the stairs, where my parents have a french press. I took the coffee grounds out of the pantry, and I started to put them in the french press. Then, I boiled some water, and I poured it in. Ah, what a wonderful start to the morning.

After I finished preparing my coffee, I sat down at the dining table. I then put on my headphones and started to listen to my beloved cassette tapes that consisted of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, "I'll Be" by Foxy Brown and Jay Z, and "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot. I had more in my room, almost a full shelf of them, but these three were my beloved.

After a while, the three songs all ended, and I headed back up to my room. With my coffee in hand, I set it on the bedside table. These songs were my heaven, and my safe place. After that, I layed in bed, and took out the box from under my bed. The box contained some photos of when I was younger, which was when my parents cared for me a lot, and showed me a ton of affection. I look back at these days and I smile. Oh how I wish someone would just come talk to me, and start a friendship that can last a lifetime. If I knew how to approach people, I would definitely be friends with people and mingle with them. But unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't know how introverts work, and they need personal space, so therefore I don't really have many friends.

As my siblings started waking up, they started a commotion in the hallway. Tristin, my little sister, started shouting. "HEY CHRIS IT'S MY TURN YOU PROMISED YESTERDAY THAT YOU'D LET ME GO FIRST THIS TIME!" For context, they were fighting over the bathroom as to who would go first. As Chris, my older brother, started to shout back at her, my mom shouted across her room. "CHRIS! TRISTIN! KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN! YOUR DAD AND I ARE TRYING TO SLEEP OVER HERE." Oops. I guess they were too loud.

I headed downstairs, yet again, the aroma of pancakes and waffles filled the kitchen. Ah, the sweet aroma of breakfast. I walked down, and I saw everyone's plates. Chris's, Tristin's, mom's, and dad's. But, as I looked over to scour for my plate, I couldn't find mine. I saw my plate in the drawer, and I pulled it out. Typical mom, forgetting my plate in the rush hours of the morning. I pulled my plate out, and washed it. I then looked over the table. Breakfast is served. I saw a plethora of goodies on the table, from waffles and pancakes, to fresh strawberries and maple syrup. I smiled, and thought to myself, this family isn't that bad after all.

After we finished breakfast, I headed out, since I had packed everything for school the night before. While Chris and Tristin were scrambling for their textbooks they needed that day, I slipped out the door, and started to walk to school. Our school was a good walking distance from our house, and I enjoyed walking the path there. The cool autumn breeze blew in my face, and I put my hood up. I was wearing a blue hoodie and jeans, and as I walked past, I saw the tree above me.

The tree waved in the wind, and it blew over my face. I walked on, and on the trail, I saw Aji, who was one of my only friends from school. They waited for me, and I rushed up to them. "Hey Aji," I said, and they blushed. Haha. They were such a treasure to have around, and a person I can really relate to and geek out with. We usually geek out over games, movies, or music that we liked. Usually D and D (Dungeons and Dragons), chess, and Nobuo Uematsu's music, especially the Final Fantasy X's soundtrack.