Chapter 2: Trust.

Hiachi was a frail yet playful little girl. Hiachi loved her mother, Futaomote, very deeply, although she wasn't the best at times. Futaomote would often leave her daughter alone for performances. It was difficult performing while raising a beautiful eight-year-old daughter. However, Hiachi had only one friend that kept her company.. and that friend was Shaku, from beginning to end. Hiachi would always enjoy playing with her doll, talking to her as if she were to be an actual human being. A few of the village children used to bully Hiachi because she didn't know how to read.. They would throw rocks at her with the letters "E V I L", but she would always find a way to escape from their harsh treatment.

One day, things changed for the "better".

Hiachi was out within the woods playing with her little doll. When suddenly, the land began to shake right from beneath her feet! Hiachi looked around and around, knowing that something was wrong somewhere, somehow. She did not know what to do. For it was her first time with a calamity askew. She grabbed Shaku and ran faster than she thought she could. Hiachi ran and ran until she slipped through a crack. Her vision became blurry, ending with black.

She awoke within in fate's grasp. The world bathed her in pink and red. For once, she wished she stayed in bed rather than dealing with this instead. She stood up with Shaku while looking far up above. Chains engulfed the pink and red. She stood there with her eyes searching every corner of the cavern. Hiachi stayed there from dusk till dawn in pure amazement.

This cave was bigger than any habitual cave. There was a vast Sakura tree before her very eyes. The tree, immersed in chains, had a tall black figure laid across it. Hiachi walked towards it, stepping on a stick. The figure woke up and began to form before Hiachi's very eyes. The figure looked similar to her Mother. Hiachi was astonished while looking at the figure's beauty. She then asked the figure, "Who are you?" The figure stared at the girl full of curiosity. "I have no name," the figure replied. Hiachi smiled while saying, "Then your name shall be Sama! Because you look almost like my mama." The black figure was a bit confused but accepted the name regardless. Hiachi, Shaku, and Sama all spent their time together. Hiachi, so young yet feeble, didn't notice the amount of time passing by. Or even her time ticking each day that went by.

One day, Hiachi was playing around with Shaku in the tree when Sama reached up and held Hiachi in her arms. Hiachi giggled while asking, "Can you spin me in a circle Sama?" Sama took the little girl while spinning her around and around. Hiachi held her arms up joyfully as she saw a blue butterfly fluttering nearby. Sama then held Hiachi close to herself while seeming sad. Hiachi looked up to Sama and asked, "What is wrong Sama?" Sama looked down at the little girl, gazing at how small she was. Sama had longed to take Hiachi's soul.. but she needed trust. She smiled while saying "My dearest Hiachi.. we are family, are we not?" Hiachi nodded in agreement. For she considered Sama her sincere mother. "Can you do me a favor, my dear?" Sama asked Hiachi. Hiachi confusedly replied, "Sama, what is a favor?" "Well... a favor is like doing something nice for someone," replied Sama. She took Hiachi and showed her the paper seal that had been laid on the tree for longevity. Hiachi stared at the paper while trying to read the message asserted across the paper. She could only make out a few letters before Sama started saying, "My dearest Hiachi.. can you please take this paper off of the tree so we can move about freely? I promise to take you wherever you want." Hiachi nodded, not knowing she was within grasp of Sama's trap. Carefully, Hiachi took the paper off little by little.

Sama laughed as the Hiachi fell down, her vision blurred. "My dearest Hiachi, you're frail yet full of beauty. Such youth one would be blessed for. A victim of truth, yes, whom is to vouch for? Your mother left you alone a lot. Don't you want to see her again?" Hiachi cried while saying, "I miss mama... it was lonely without her." Sama grinned and replied, "I promised you eternal joy, but this family was merely a decoy. After you suffered from calamity, your family will last for eternity as my marionettes. You will meet your mother, in this cave full of wonders." Hiachi's vision darkened as she laid on the floor, lifeless.