Chapter 1

"Are you fucking kidding me?! You got expelled from school?!" A very pissed-off and angry man yelled at a very familiar beach blonde, blue-eyed teen. 'It's not my fault Dream was bullying Tubbo.' Tommy thought before zoning out, the abuse in the household had been getting too overwhelming, both his older brothers had gone off to college. It was just him and Philza and it was quite obvious to the teen that his father held him over the same pedestal his brothers stood on. He kept his gaze trained on the carpet and counted the fibers and counted all the stains on the floor. Philza's angry yelling had just turned into a loud and rather annoying buzz in his head.

Soon a painful slap snapped him out of his trance, "are you even listening to me?!" Philza yelled while Tommy held his reddening cheek. Philza had never laid a hand on him or the others before. He tensed up and looked at Philza with fear in his eyes, but the Avian hadn't realized what he had done out of sheer anger. He screamed at the stunned teen for two hours before narrowing his eyes at Tommy, "go get me my leather belt." He snarled while pointing to his closed bedroom door.

The Avian didn't hesitate, not wanting to upset his father, he ran to the closed bedroom door and quickly disappeared, only returning with the requested item. Once Philza had snatched the leather from the teen's hand, Tommy knew what was going on, and like many times before, he followed Philza's orders. This has happened every day since his older brothers, Technoblade and Wilbur Soot, went off for college. The blonde was placed on the same pedestal as his brothers, and dammit the boy tried, but everything would crumble underneath him.

Once Philza was satisfied, he told Tommy to stay in his room, and Tommy quickly left the room, heading up the stairs and locked the door to his bedroom. He wasn't planning on coming out of the room unless otherwise told. 'How the fuck did you make it look so fucking easy!?' he thought as he glanced at the family photo they took. They were once a happy family, but that changed quickly. He picked up the photo that was framed, and threw it onto the ground, shattering it completely. He wouldn't care if Philza heard it. He wouldn't care at all.

Tommy ran his hands through his hair in frustration and groaned softly in pain as he laid belly side down on his bed. From the small of his back to just below his hips, he was covered in bruises and welts from being beaten. He sighed softly and pulled out his phone, shooting off a text to his brothers even though he knew they had probably blocked his phone. Hot tears rolled down his thinning cheeks as he remembered what good times they used to have. He would do anything to have that again and wondered if anyone could help him be perfect for his family.

Then an odd name struck him, 'of course! Dream can help! He knows about this type of stuff and he can help me get noticed by my family and make them proud!' He thought excitedly before texting Dream, not realizing the contract to his grave that he was signing. All he had to do now was wait for the masked males' reply, hoping in silent excitement his family would notice him and love him once again. 

Not even 5 minutes after, Tommy heard the ding of his notifications go off. He picked up his phone again and looked to see where the notification came from. It was from Dream. The text said: 'Meet me by the river. Alone. Nobody needs to know about this.' After reading the text, Tommy grabbed his satchel and put his phone in his pocket, and slipped out through the window, keeping low, he stayed in the shadows and made his way to the river.

Dream was already there. The masked male looked up from the river as he heard footsteps approaching the riverbank. He saw the blonde kid. "Good. You're alone." He said, smirking underneath his mask. He looked towards the setting sun. "So you want the rest of your family to respect you? And you came to me? You must be desperate then." He said and sat down on the bank.

Tommy nodded, gripping the bag over his shoulder, "I am desperate, I'm so tired of being held to the same pedestal that my brothers are on." He said with venom dripping from his mention of his brothers. He was pissed and looked at Dream, " what do I need to do, what do I need to change? I'm willing to do absolutely anything, I just want to make them proud of me again." He said, his last line a soft and broken whisper as he tried not to cry in front of Dream. He was exhausted and tired of being beaten by Philza and ignored by his brothers, he wanted to prove to them that he was deserving of their love and attention.