Chapter one

Now, Dumbledore. Most people know him as the saviour of the wizarding world, an amazing hero. I wish I could say it was true. To keep this short, I'm just going to skim over what he's done. But, this is the beginning. Let's get to it.

Our very first image of Dumbledore is him waiting for the half giant that he sent to retrieve a baby that had just been struck by a killing curse. He was waiting outside a house, number 4 Privet drive, to be exact. He was standing with Professor McGonagall. His intentions? To lay the aforementioned baby, the one just struck with a killing curse a day earlier, on the doorstep of people who Minerva McGonagall warned him weren't right to take care of a magical baby. He had no intentions of making sure the baby was ok, no warming charms were given to this baby that Halloween night. Instead, it, I, was left there. Middle of the night. I had just suffered the loss of both my parents, I was a young baby, left there. With nothing but a letter. I never even had the official reading of my parents' will.

I was found the next morning by my aunt, Petunia. Now, Dumbledore didn't feel the need to check in on his little saviour for the next ten years. I lived in a cupboard, being starved, being made into a slave. And Dumbledore allowed it. This immediately tells us quite a bit of this amazing man, but we're not moving on just yet. My godfather, Sirius Black, the man listed as my guardian incase anything were to happen to my parents, was convicted of murder. Not only of my parents, but also of 12 muggles, caught in an explosion 'he' created. The problem with this? Sirius had done nothing wrong when I was taken to the Dursleys, Dumbledore knew he was not the secret keeper of my parents, and he had no trial, which Dumbledore, as head of the wizengamot and headmaster of Hogwarts, could've easily called for. I think you get the picture. But don't worry, there is so much more. Anyway, the second beginning was Hogwarts. Let's go there shall we.

I was so excited for Hogwarts, finally escaping my abusive guardians, to go to another abusive guardian. Yay. But first, Dudley Dursley's birthday.

I woke up disoriented. I had not had food in around four days and my dark living quarters mixed with my already horrible eyesight and the random glasses I had begged for that didn't give me proper help probably didn't help much. I coughed out the saw-dust from the just stamped on stairs, and grabbed said glasses, flicking my hair out of the way. I got up and opened my closet door. I'm coming out of the closet.

I always find it fun to start off a day with humour. In truth, I honestly believed I would never come out of the closet to anyone. Especially not the Dursleys. I went into the kitchen and started breakfast. I needed food or else I would faint, so I decided to make pancakes. They're easy to sneak with the amount I have to make for the Dursleys. I quickly made the mix, starting to add the batter in the pan to cook them. I put chocolate chips on them, just as Dudley likes, and quickly made quite a few. The Dursleys were in the living room, Dudley complaining at the amount of presents he got. They came into the dining room ready for breakfast when a compromise had been reached, and I brought the plates through, now an expert at balancing three plates filled with food at once.

I gave each person their respected plate and went away, hoping to get a glass of water. I quickly finished my glass when I was called into the dining room.

"Boy!" I gulped nervously and quickly went into the room, head hung low.

"Ms Figg has canceled, and since we can't find a replacement, you are coming with us to the zoo." My heart lifted. I was free from going to Ms Figgs house?! I bowed my head in respect.

"Yes sir. Thank you sir." I was going to go to the zoo! I was ecstatic! I had never gotten to go to the zoo before! I bet it would be so much fun!! I soon found myself squished between Dudley and his friend, Vernon having given me a warning to not do anything strange.

Around the end of the trip, we were visiting the snakes. I was particularly interested in a small snake called Nagini. She told me her name. Of course, she was going to see me later on in life, in a very different circumstance, but that is neither here nor now. Nagini told me all about how she was a magical animal, meant to be with wizards and witches. She told me all about those, and told me I myself was one, for only a select few of these wizards and witches can even hope to understand snakes. I nodded. That did make sense, explained a lot of things that have happened to me in the past.

We decided to work together and she taught me to follow my instincts, and use what she called purposeful accidental magic, to vanish the glass and make a copy of her. It worked perfectly and I helped her to escape, petting her goodbye. I returned back inside, nobody having noticed I was gone. We went home without any further incident that day, well, aside from Dudley being a brat and making Vernon go into one of the animals cages to make them move, just resulting in us getting kicked out of the zoo. It was a very fun day, even with the horrible headache that my eye strain gave me.

The next few weeks went how they always would, Dudley waking me with sawdust in my lungs, making breakfast and sneaking some food to fill the ever growing hunger that never seems to go away (I shouldn't have that hunger, I know I shouldn't, but I did), doing the list of chores given to me. I was usually given a small amount of dinner, and this routine continued until one day the routine broke, and when I was picking up the mail, there was some addressed to me. I've never had mail. The Dursleys never thought others needed to know about me, especially not to the point that someone would send me a letter. I headed towards the kitchen, pausing two steps from the door. There was a small voice at the back of my head telling me what would happen if I continued. How wrong it would be. How distraught I would be. I listened to the voice and slowly backtracked, easily slipping my own letter (I'd never had a letter before. This was my first one, how excited I was!) through the sleeping my cupboard door, and then I rushed quickly back to the kitchen, handing Vernon his mail.