3-The First Night

Edward

   As Sabrina drove away in her orange truck, I couldn't help but feel a certain attraction to her.

For some reason, I couldn't read her mind. I had tried and tried countless times throughout the day, but it seemed as if her head was empty. And that mystery made me curious. Curious to the point of obsession.

Was she even human?
She smelled human.
She looked human.
But I never met anyone I couldn't read before.

Curious, I kept track with her car by running in the forest. I didn't want her to see me and think I was stalking her. Even though I was.

She parked her truck outside her house, which was quite humble but good enough. She opened the door and stepped out.

The urge to open the door for her like a gentleman would crept over me, but I restrained myself.

She opened her front door and therefore blocked my vision of her, her long, dark brown locks cascading on her shoulders, and her forest green eyes twinkling in the light of day.

I tried reading her once more, but yet again. Nothing.
I wanted to know who Cedric was. Why did she think I was him?

I climbed up a tree and looked through the kitchen window. Luckily for me, she was there, washing a dish.
No.
The dish was washing itself.
She was twirling her fingers around, while the dish was washing itself.
That couldn't be. Was I going insane?

In a blink of an eye, the dish was in a cabinet.
Maybe I had imagined this whole ordeal. Maybe she never even took the plate out of the cabinet anyway.

I had never experienced anything like this before. At least not as a vampire. I don't remember much from my human form, but Carlisle told me everything.
He had to turn me because he saw me dying in a hospital, and felt terrible at seeing how young I was.

When I focused once more on Sabrina, she wasn't in the kitchen anymore. I looked at all the windows and saw her in her room, sitting in her bed. She was looking at a picture: of what, I couldn't tell. I wish I could. I wish I knew.

Now that I was observing her more, I came to realise how beautiful she was. Her eyes were like emeralds and her hair like silk. Her skin was pale, not as much as mine, of course, but her beauty was creeping over me.

   It was getting dark, and I observed as Sabrina went to her desk and started writing something down. Certainly homework, I thought.
After a while, she finished and went back to her bed. She took a look at her alarm clock, which read: 06:43.

She rushed out of her room and blocked my vision of her again. I looked at the kitchen window I was previously observing, and she was there. Only now, she wasn't washing dishes, nor was the dish washing itself, but she was prepared dinner.

After a while, she put the meal on a plate, ate a portion, and walked back upstairs.

Guessing she would come back to her room, I looked through the window which led to that view. But she didn't come. For around 10 minutes, she didn't show, but then came in, wet and wrapped in a towel.

Of course; she had taken a shower.
She opened her drawers, and I looked away, wanting to give her privacy—on which I was already intruding.