4.

"terry and dad asked for you." arrow says as el bites down on her sandwich at the lunch table.

"i don't care." she grumbles and takes some of kyle's fries since they sit with the hockey team.

"i gotta go work on that assignment," she stands up and grabs her bag, "let's have dinner together." she suggests.

"dinner?" the rest of the boys ask in unison.

"no, not you guys!" she exclaims as they all laugh at her reaction, "i'll call you." she pats arrows head and walks off.

she walks out of the cafeteria and then catches the sight of mike. she walks up to him, tapping him on the shoulder but then frowns, catching the sight of his black eye.

"what happened?" she normally never cared of someone bruises like this. but after their first encounter and conversation at her dorm, she couldn't help but care.

someone else in the world, right in her school, has to go through the same thing as her.

but he is still trying. she has given up but he is still going.

"nothing." he grumbles, "we have to work on that assignment right?"

she nods, "who hit you?"

"no one fucking hit me, i'm just clumsy." he slams his locker shut as she nods.

she knows that she hated to be pushed when someone asked the same thing for her.

she wasn't going to push it.

"okay then. let's go back to my dorm." she says, already turning around to leave since he was done.

he furrows his eyebrows. it was the first time someone who didn't actually care not push the subject.

everyone used to pretend to care but in reality, they were just nosy. he has made that mistake before and he wasn't going to do it again.

"let's get some tacos first?" she motions to the taco truck right outside as he nods, "sure, yeah."

"oh cheer up, i'll pay. this frown really doesn't suit you." she says as he shrugs.

"look," she walks up to the truck, "a few punches later, it'll be nothing."

"it's already been a few." he mutters.

"then you just have to run away and hope you don't kill yourself before then." she whispers honestly.

"i can't run away. they'll find me. they come find me here." he says as she hands him a taco, "i'll show you something later, okay? remind me because i'm forgetful."

he nods, "okay."

*:・゚

"you have a run away plan?" mike asks as el nods and shows him the large paper, "it's in the works but most things are planned out."

"new york?" he asks as she nods, "if i run away, it'll be at new york."

"why do you want to run?" he asks, "you have your brother."