Chapter 7 - The Mysteries of John (Nathan's POV)

Hey guys!

So I manage to put another chapter up even after I said I probably wouldn't be able to for a while which I am really happy about. I had an interview yesterday so writing this chapter was a way of destressing :)

Hope you guys like it, chapter 7 in Nate's POV:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan’s POV

“John will be over next week so he can get you through it.” Greg the guy from finance says while hugging Ellie. A wave of jealousy came over me with the fact that he’s hugging her and not me, even though I had just been holding her no more than a minute ago.

“Yeah I know.”

“Come on, let’s get you home. Thanks Mr. Westwood for calling.” Greg looks at me then nods and as if just remembering that I was still here, Ellie turns to look at me. Well not at me seeing as she’s keeping her gaze lowered to the carpeted floor.

I keep my eyes trained on Ellie when I talk. “Sure. No problem Greg. I’ll check up on you tomorrow Ellie, yeah?”

“Ok. Thanks Mr. Westwood.” Greg answers for her which makes me want to snap at him.

“See you, Ellie.”

“Bye.” Finally she answers but if I wasn’t trying to get her to respond to me and listening out for her voice I don’t think I would’ve even heard her.

Ellie walks out of the staff lounge and into the lift with Greg but I’m more focussed on what he said.

John?! Who the hell is this John?! Her boyfriend?! Husband?! No she doesn’t wear a ring…that doesn’t mean she’d not married! Wait-Why do I even care? Maybe Evan’s right? Maybe…maybe I do have something for her? No! No I can’t, she’s my employee and so we are in nothing but a professional, completely platonic relationship. But why the hell did I almost kiss her?! Argh!

I sit down abruptly on the couch and rake my hands through my hair and drag them down my face. Pulling out my phone from my jacket pocket, I search for the number I’m looking for and dial it.

“Hello, Ditsy Daisy’s Adult Store, how may I help?”

“Evan. Stop fucking around and be serious for once in your life.” Fucking idiot.

“I’m sor-”

“Evan!” At my hard tone he finally gets that I’m serious.

“Woah! Nate, calm down I was only joking! Geeze, what’s got your panties in a twist?”

“I almost kissed Ellie.” I sigh frustrated. Maybe I shouldn’t have called Ev.

“Really?!” His voice was annoyingly high at that. “Get in there bro!”

“Ev! This is serious! What am I supposed to do?”

“Geeze bro, do you really need me to explain this to you? Didn’t you have this talk with dad when you were like fifteen? I mea-”

“That is not what I’m on about! Fucking idiot.” I mutter under my breath.

“I heard that! I’m not an idiot!”

“Whatever. Just tell me what I should do?”

“Just ask her out! Man, you sure are stupid sometimes.”

“I can’t just ask her out!”

“Why not? You like her right?”

“I don’t know! That’s the point, I don’t know! Plus she’s my secretary, you know I can’t.”