Part 4

It was almost Lucy's 7th birthday when Ivy suddenly walked into our lounge when Lucy was at dance, an urgent look crossing her features.

"It's about Lucy. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she replied that there's a list beside her bed, so I went to see and- well, look." Ivy explained showing me a price of paper written in Lucy's messy handwriting and under all the normal stuff she asks for every year was a clear 'meet my dad'. Although she had scribbled it out numerous times it was still legible, as she had attempted to scribble it out in a lighter coloured ink, so it was still there, clear as day. I sighed putting my head in my hands.

"God! I knew sometime she would ask!What do i do?? Mistah J doesn't even know she exists Ive." I said panicked, Ivy nodded sympathetically.

"Maybe it's time to tell Joker about Lucy. I was talking to Selina the other day, she says Joker hasn't committed a single crime since you left him Harls." Ivy said calmly putting her arm around me. I leant into her embrace, knowing she was right. I mean Ivy was always right. She's like the smartest person I know and I went to college AND met Stephen Hawking once.

The next day I went straight to visit Arkham. I went whilst Lucy was at school to avoid any suspicion from her. I was let out go Arkham myself as 'sane' so there should be no problems with Batman.

When Mistah J saw me his eyes lit up and I knew he though I was going to run back to him, or break him out. His green hair had faded over the years but he was still the same J. I picked up the phone that allowed us to speak, nervously.

"Harley! Long time no see sweets." Joker said smiling his crazed grin.

"Hey Mister J." I said awkwardly shifting in my seat.

"I have something I think you should know." I said slowly. J gave me a puzzled expression before leaning into the phone, signalling for me to continue. I let out a shaky breath.

"Before when I ran away, the first time, and you didn't even realise I was gone... Well I wasn't captured by Batgirl like I told you I was... Well I was pregnant." I blurted it all out. There I had said it. It was out in the open now. Mister J's eyes widened and he stood up suddenly. I flinched although there was bulletproof glass between us and I knew that. But i still flinched. To my surprise Mister J didn't shout or go crazy. He just froze, before sitting back down again and whispering into the phone.

"What happened to the child?" He asked so quiet I could barely hear it.

"Well I have birth to a girl. I called her Lucy. Lucy Quinzel has a nice ring to it don't you think? I took her to my sister on the outskirts of Gotham, she took care of her, raised her and I saw her at weekends. Then when you got put into Arkham, Lucy was 4. I moved in with Ivy. She agreed to help me raise her. Well Lucy's nearly 7 now." I said shakily, still unsure how Mister J was taking all of this. I looked down afraid to meet his gaze.

"What is she like?" Joker questioned me suddenly. I looked up to see his soft expression through the dirty Arkham bulletproof glass.

"Lucy has the blondest curly locks of hair. She always has done. She has these adorable ocean blue eyes that light up when she's happy. She's always happy, When she was really younger she'd put tutus on her toy cars and then laugh at her joke. She's always laughing, always a little prankster. When Lucy's older she wants to be a ballet dancer like her Aunty." I explained to him, my eyes feeling slightly watery. Joker smiled and I could tell it was a real smile.

"Have you told her about me?" He questioned quickly.

"I have. And that's why I'm here. I know Lucy's been wanting this for 2 years, she really wants to meet you Puddin." I cursed myself internally when I used that nickname, because I had vowed to never use it again, but I guess it worked on Joker as he replied "I would love to."

I smiled as he gave me a final grin.

"Goodbye Harley-girl." He said as he was escorted away.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and almost flattened Ivy when I jumped back i got he car with pure excitement.

"Woahh! Harls! This is why we don't own an expensive car" Ivy commented gesturing to the now cracked screen, I had evidently hit with something as I jumped in the car. I pulled an innocent face, knowing Ivy couldn't stay mad at me for more than a few seconds. She sighed rolling her eyes.

"I guess it went well then?" Ivy asked laughing slightly.

"YEP! J wants to meet Lucy! He seemed really touched by what I said about her." I said excitedly as Ivy started the car, so we'd be home in time to pick Lucy up from school.