07| Never Forgiven

⚠️ WARNING: SADNESS AND TENSION ⚠️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stared at the fire. "Katerina?". I gasped and jumped. "Stefan, what's wrong?". "I just came to say that me and Damon are really sorry for everything". "That doesn't change anything, but thanks".

I stood up and started walking towards the kitchen. Stefan followed. "Would you like anything?". "No, I'm okay, thank you". He nodded. "Would you like Elena to come over, to help take care of things?". "It's okay, I'll be seeing her later tonight".

He smiled. "I just want to you to know that I am sorry for everything and I wish I could help". He stepped forward. I gasped and stepped back away from him.

I started crying. "I'm sorry, it's not you, I get uneasy whenever someone comes near me, getting the constant reminder of what happened".

Pretend you are Mary and Stefan is Francis:

"I understand, I can't imagine what it would be like in your shoes, being paranoid and afraid of everything, I should have done something"

"You know what, your right, you should have, instead you just stood there and watched as Kol and Klaus raped me, you didn't do a thing". "I know, I am so sorry".

"Apologising isn't going to do anything Stefan, I can't blame myself for it, I'm sorry". I walked out of the kitchen.

I walked into Damon's room. I turned around and gasped. I sighed. "Elijah, what are you doing here?". "I'm came to apologise for what my brothers did to you". "Thanks I guess, but it doesn't really change anything". "I heard that you've transitioned, how are you getting on?".

"I mean you and your brother basically forced me and Elena to turn so, we didn't really have a choice". "But you did, you chose to become a vampire?". I sighed. "I guess, I just didn't want to die". "I understand, can I show you something a minute, please?".

"I'm not going anywhere, I don't trust you, I don't trust anyone, not even myself". "Please, I'm not setting you up". "Fine". "Please, this way". He lead me through the hall. We were near the stairs. "What are we doing here?". "I came to ask you to see if you were interested in helping me kill Niklaus?".

"Kill Klaus, but he's your brother?". "Half-brother, to be exact". "Why do you want to kill him?". "Everything he's done over the centuries, he needs to be stopped, I also came here to tell you that he's coming for you and Elena tonight". "Why are you tell me this?".

"Because I don't want you to be taken, even Elena, especially not from my brother". "I understand, thank you Elijah". "If you hear any noises in the night, don't go towards the sound, that's one of his tricks, he will try and lure you both towards to him, then he'll pounce".

I laughed. "Pounce?". "Its another meaning for he'll take you, he likes to do things in style, don't say I didn't warn you". "Is there anything else I need to know?". "Yes". "What is it?". "If Niklaus does succeed on taking you".

Pretend you are Elena:

He paused. "Just know that there's no escape from him, he's crafty and strong, stronger than me, there won't be any saving you". "Okay". I whispered. "You should get some rest and please, take my advice wisely". "I will, goodnight Elijah". "Goodnight Katerina". He closed the door. I sighed.