Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon: A revisit

Love is about letting go

Love is about letting go. Letting go of the person you so dearly love. You know deep down in your heart that you are hurting them and yourself too by forcing them to stay. Let them go, they deserve much better and you cannot make someone fall in love with you. Love is not forced. Love… just happens. One-sided love is the epitome of self-sacrifice.

Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon, is the tale of such love.

Main rahoon ya na rahoon
Tum mujh mein kahin baaki rehna I wish to keep you in my heart, even if it is a tiny part of you! Let me dream of you till I die. Let me keep you alive in me, I don’t even care if I lose myself in the process.

Kisi roz baarish jo aaye
Samajh lena boondon mein main hoon Will you remember me? Like a seasonal rain? Will you remember me like sun rays in the morning? will you?

Mujhe neend aaye jo aakhiri
Tum khwabon mein aate rehna

Look out for me, will you? Reach out if you ever miss me.

Whenever you need me I’ll always be there. I am just a call away. Even if we don’t meet, please remember me as the one who made you laugh, who never kept you waiting, was always there to make you smile. Remember me as the day we danced foolishly in the rain, remember me as the day we went fishing and you pushed me down the port. It’s okay that if we don’t talk now, it’s okay if not on your list of priorities, it’s okay if you don’t even consider me in your favorites. But just remember I am just a phone call away. Even when I don’t answer the call, keep calling me till I wake up from a deep sleep, keep reaching out for me. Keep an ear open, for me. Just for all those happy times, we spent together. We were happy, weren’t we? I hope you smile when my name comes up and remember me as your dearest friend and revisit those fond memories in a flashback. To be honest, leaving you was the hardest thing I had to ever endure. Your absence hurts! I miss you! I did not just lose you that day, but I lost all our memories, I lost the warmth that I felt around you, I lost the only love of my life, the only person who gave me strength, and now that you are not there, it seems lonely.

I am right here If you ever need me.

I hope you have found the perfect person you were looking for, and I want you to know that I’ll be very happy for you if you did. I will be so proud and so contended. I’ll be there for you even if you don’t see me. And if you ever missed me, you’ll find me at the very same place where you left me, waiting for you. Honestly, my heart never gave up on you and I think it never will. But now at least it does not expect you to knock on its door. I am so happy that I fell in love with you. It’s okay that when you smile, I am no more the reason, it’s okay that when you dance in the rain, it’s not with me, it’s okay if you run along the meadow and it’s not me that you chase. This is what keeps me going. It keeps me alive, your smile, your careless, reckless smile You are engraved on my heart, soul, and mind, for now, and forever!

P.S. – Never fall in love with a writer because they’ll turn it into prose. You’ll be carved into one of their tales they tell the world. They’ll read you in ways you don’t want to be read. Their imagination is their gift, they’ll invent fictions in their head and set unrealistic expectations because they’re absolute sentimental lunatics and there’s a decent possibility you’ll never be able to fulfill it.

They’re the human form of a tragic masterpiece and blue music. You might never comprehend the reason why they’re awake at wee hours or why they still listen to melancholic music and prefer to write about suffering. Don’t fall in love with a writer, because once you do there’s no going back. They’ll clutch you in their conversations, they’ll hold you as you’ve never been held; they are the ones who truly know how to love and weave a story into a FOREVER.