Chapter 1

The beginning of their journey...

Their aesthetic

Hazel's POV

Just like evey other Sunday,

There I was standing in the conservatory watching the magnificent flowers that stood before me and admiring the butterflies who were flying around the whole place, all of them different with unique colours and integrate wing patterns.

Even after the countless times I have been here, I can never get tired of this place. Since childhood, I have always admired this heavenly sight considering the way it made me feel, somehow these kind of view always managed to make me calm dispite the situation I am in and I would forget everything going in my life for a fraction of time, relishing the moment.

I was looking at some flowers when my attention was diverted by a soft tingle in my left hand, So I looked at my hand to check the source of sensation only to find a butterfly sitting very near to the end of my fingertip. I slowly bought my fingers closer to my face to have a better look at it.

It had a beautiful shade of sapphire at it's wings and a deep black colour surrounded the outer margin of it's fragile wings, slowly fading towards the centre making the beautiful shade of blue stand out among the darker colour.

I kept staring at it for sometime. It was so beautiful that i wanted to store it somewhere and never let it go but i knew i had to, because eventually it belonged here in the conservatory, with it's own kind.

So when I felt it moving, I slightly lifted my hand higher in the air, watching it glide and ascend with every flap of it's wings. It slowly moved towards the flock of butterflies near the small fountain which stood at the centre of the conservatory.

Oh, the view was astonishing and it only made me smile... if given the opportunity, I could be there as long as possible.

Lost in my thoughts, I heard a voice calling me.

"Hazie"

It didn't even took me seconds to realise who that voice belonged to, I was very well familiar with it and I could identify it undoubtedly even between a thousand other voices.

I turned around smiling to find this face with a cheerful smile and bright eyes looking directly at me.

"Hey Luke" I said, walking towards him

"Found anything interesting?" he said

"Oh yeah, just now a butterfly sat here" I pointed towards my fingertip "You know, It was so beautiful. You should have seen it... I bet you would have liked it"

"C'mon you like every butterfly that exists" He said rolling his eyes "Nothing new"

"That's because every one of them is beautiful, but you wouldn't know cause you don't have eyes" I said hitting his shoulder

"Oww! you hurt me Hazei" he exclaimed rubbing his shoulder "Is a butterfly more important to you than me?" he said giving me the puppy eyes

"Oh stop overacting" I said rolling my eyes "And by the way yes they are, you are nothing to me anyway"

"Huh, and we both know that's a lie" he said smirking at me

"Oh shut up" I rolled my eyes at his gesture

"Ok so,If you are done here, Shall we go eat something now? You have no idea how hungry I am." He said looking frustrated.

"Okay fine, let's go" I nodded

After a few minutes of walking and chatting, we came towards this big flied which was extending far away, it had a very limited number of plants but was surrounded all over by fresh grass which reached not more than the length of our ankle.

People could be seen resting in the calm atmosphere chatting with one another, families were having picnic and children could be seen playing and running around but they were strictly ordered to stay within the limits of their parents.

Two children were even scolded by their parents for running too far away and sat down with their face as long as a fiddle.
"Poor children" I thought, they didn't had to be scolded so badly, after all they are just kids and at their age no one keeps a track of where they are going or what they are doing.

I scanned the field searching for a restaurant or cafe or any shop with edible items and not so far away i saw a mini banner but due to people crowding over that area i could only notice half of the banner and to my surprise it stated "cafe".

I turned towards Liam only to find him turning his face towards the right side of the field and well, he had this huge smile across his face. I raised my eyebrows.

"Hey what are you looking at?" I said tugging the sleeve of his sweatshirt.

"Oh... Hey" he said pausing for a little while, still smiling and continued "It's nothing, by the way did you found something to eat?"

I nodded "Yeah, look there's a cafe right there, i saw the banner." I said, pointing towards the direction of the cafe.

"Okay come fast, i am so hungry" He said placing his hands over his stomach and running away towards the cafe

"HEY WAIT! I was the one who showed you the cafe, you can't just run away now leaving me" i said running after him

"Oh i definitely can, now catch me" he said teasingly, runnning faster.