Chapter 2

Green, emerald eyes stared at Toni from the profile picture. Blond hair falling down her shoulders in waves, that looked like making them would take a professional two hours, and a smile on her pink lips. Damn that girl was hot and to top it absolutely Toni's type. If you could fall in love with just looks Toni would at least have a crush on that girl on her screen.

If she was going to spend two whole weeks pretending to be someone's girlfriend, the person could at least be hot, so she clicked on the profile.

Shelby Goodkind.

twenty-five, Christian, Minnesota, professional fake girlfriend, actor

The profile info was short and did definitely not tell Toni even half as much as she would have liked to know before having to pretend to be the girl's girlfriend in front of literally all the people she cared for. But Toni decided to ignore that fact for now and instead focused on the whole Christian part. It made her realize that she was on a fake partner website that was probably designed for straight people so Toni wondered if the girl would even be comfortable pretending to be with a girl.

Not that the fact that she was Christian made it automatically impossible for her to be gay, but Toni had had her experiences with Christian people and not many of them had been positive to say the least and she was a person that liked to listen to her gut feelings. People with the strongest fate sometimes tend to also be the people with the most hateful hearts. The word Christian in her profile info had reminded Toni of some of her least favourite memories of high school. The ones were boys beat her up purely for who she loved, and nobody blamed them for it because after all they just acted like that because their big sky daddy told them to hate gay people, right? At least that was the only explanation Toni ever got.

It was weird. Normally the fact that the girl thought being Christian is one of the top 5 things about herself would have scared Toni off. Normally. But this time was different. Something made her press the button next to the profile that read "book fake partner" and it sure as hell was not her head doing that.

There appeared a space where you could write a text with a word limit of 200 sings. What is that bullshit supposed to be. This Shelby girl knew basically nothing about Toni, and she was not able to explain her whole situation with a limit of 200 signs.

So Toni ended up writing the probably worst text she has ever written, but she was not the one to blame because if she would have had a normal amount of words available, she would have been able to write a much better text. When she sent the message, she noticed that there were things about herself she probably should have mentioned in the message.

A few minutes early she was worried about Shelby not being comfortable with acting gay but back then she hadn't noticed one important thing. Shelby might not even know what she was getting herself into. Because as far as Toni remembers she didn't have to choose a gender when creating her profile. Her profile didn't include a profile pic, her age or occupation either so the only thing this Shelby girl really knew was her name and parts of the situation Toni was in, from the short text Toni had previously sent.

And to top it all of the trip would start in two days so there was no time to meet beforehand, so the only thing left was for Toni to pray that Shelby would say yes without knowing her and everything would work out because Toni had no plan B, Shelby really was her only option.  

Authors note: Hey guys, thanks for reading. I am sorry this update came like a week after the first one. I planned to update more often but school and basketball practice already start to keep me away from writing so one chapter a week will have to do it. (We will just pretend that this story actually has reads until it eventually gets some, okay? lol actually just wanted to add this authors note because maybe some of the few people that read the first part are actually interested in the story (a person can dream) and I wanted to make sure everyone who cares would know what to expect from me. Anyways have a nice day :)