three

Next day:

Today is gonna be the crappiest day of them all. I had to go to school after the extreme humiliation of the party.

Kai is cheating on me!

How am I gonna face him? And what about the strange boy I kissed? How impulsive can I get? I mean... I kissed him because I wanted to make him relax after the guys bullying him but...

Did I help him or made him feel even more awkward? This morning I took the bus. Of course I was ignoring any texts from my "Friends!"

I walked in the school hallway to realize only a few students were in it. Did I come earlier than usual?

Who cares to be honest. I have bigger things to deal with. As soon as I stepped in the middle of the hallway my eyes accidentally met Soobin's from afar. That's not good. He looked at me from behind his locker yet his eyes were glued on me.

Why isn't he doing anything else than staring? He seemed a little awkward. 

I was about to walk closer to him and apologise about yesterday but a hand spun me around quickly. My eyes met Kai. "Gahyeon told me that you know... Ara I can explain!" He seemed prerry apologetic. "She is fast..." I scoffed and tried to leave but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer.

"For how long do you know? I need to explain..." He was so presistent My hand was actually hurting from his hand.

"I dont wanna hear you let me go!" I tried to leave but he tightened his grip around my hand and dragged me towards his direction. 

"But... I am not done..." He was dragging me with him while I was sobbing because of the pain.

"Hey Let her go!" Someone stepped in our convartation. His hand grabbed my free hand and pulled me closer to him instead. I slowly turned around and our eyes met.

Choi Soobin.

"Or else what? Wait a minute. Who are you?" He narrowed his eyebrows and then stared at me instead of Soobin. "Oh Wait I know you... Can you let go of my girlfriend?!" He added. "I am no longer your girlfriend So let go of me!"

"Ara Please you have to listen..." He begged.

"I thought she already told you she doesn't want to listen..." Soobin seemed so confident after all this time I've watched him in class. "Let her go before I beat you up..." Kai threatened him. "Go ahead... You'll eventually have to let her go If you beat me up!" Soobin gave him a weak smile. I stared up at his face and it looked so flawless at this point. Wow what Am I thinking?

"What's wrong with him? After kissing him Did he became your boyfriend or something?" He scoffed and started making fun of him. "Yo Why are you looking at me like that Ara? Do you like him?" He continued giggling, thinking of it as a joke.

"Yes! I do!" I nodded, acting like I indeed like him so I can irritate him. I felt Soobin turning his head towards me surprised. "You expect me to believe that? You would never have a boyfriend like him!" He supported.

"Why not?"

"Ara... He is a freaking nerd..." He pointed at Soobin with his free hand. "Dont talk about him like that!" He narrowed his eyebrows when I supported Soobin. Even soobin was surprised.

"Excuse me?" He even scoffed again. "He is way much better than you Kai. He knows how to act, He is polite." I pulled my hand towards me and he almost stumbled.

"Dont annoy me anymore." I said and turned towards Soobin. I faked a smile although I bet it seemed fake.

"Lets Go Soobin-ah..." Soobin seemed surprised so I grabbed his wrist and took him out of the building.
_________________________________________

We walked to the back yard so we can escape from all this mess that happened when we were still inside with Kai. I cant believe he had the audacity to talk to me after what he did.

"Soobin... I am so sorry..." I turned to look at him with an apologetic expression.

"About what?" He shrugged. 

"Everything... All these time the guys were so mean to you and I-" I was about to explain. "How is that your fault? They dont have manners That's true but you have nothing to do with that..." He retorted. I looked down and nodded while we continued walking down the path. "Can I ask you something. Don't asnwer If you dont want to..." He then stopped to say that.

"Go ahead..." I also stopped so I can look at him. "What did he do to you?" He tucked his hands inside his pockets and waited for my answer.

"Well, Last night... At the party... I caught him cheating..." I confessed and looked down. "Oh... Now everything makes sense..." He also stared down and bit his lower lip. "What do you mean?" I asked him quite perplexed.  "Your behaviour...You kissed me!" He nodded his head in the realisation. Little did he know I didn't kiss him because of that but because I felt bad about how the other boys treated him.

"I am really sorry about that." I blushed. "WIt's too late now so anyway..." We continued walking until an idea popped up. All I need is to get rid of Kai after what he did and Soobin can be the perfect person ro help me.

"Soobin... I need a huge favor!" I grabbed his wrist and turned him around. "What favor?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I know we barely know each other and Its probably the worst idea but I dont have another plan..."

"Are you gonna tell me or?" He crossed his arms. "Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" I asked and noticed him staring at me like Its the end of the world. I wonder what is he thinking about? But his face seems shocked. 

"What?" He asked me.

"Be my boyfriend... So I can get rid of Kai..." I said and his face slowly dropped. "So... Like... Your fake boyfriend?!" He figured it out. "Yes!" I nod and spotted him sighing. Oh now he is gonna reject me.

"Look Ara... I really wanna help you... But..."

"But?"

"I cant..."

"Why?" I asked and noticed him staring down distressed. "Because I've never had a girlfriend before and I want my first relationship to be real... I am sorry!" He said and I stared at him. So he just rejected me cause It was gonna be fake? Not because of me. Phew thats a relief. "I-I undrestand... Its okay..." I looked down. I was about to turn around and leave but at the exact same moment someone ran right behind my back and pushed me. I collided with Soobin's body but instead of both of us falling we held onto each other tight.

I slowly lifted my head upwards and our eyes locked. We stayed like that for some seconds because our eyes couldn't change their direction for a reason.

Am I blushing?

"I am sorry..." I declared and at this time I turned around and walked my way in. As weird as it sounds I could feel his eyes on my back.
_______________________________________

I was peacefully walking back home while having my headphones plugged in to listen to my music.

I was so relaxed that it took me by complete surprise when someone seized my arm and spun me around. As soon as my eyes locked with Kai's I took off my headphones with my free hand.

"What are you doing?" I hissed pretty irritated. "Please Ara... It was a mistake. Let me explain..." He continued begging for one last chance but I was not in the mood for second chances so I just scoffed.

"I don't wanna talk to you anymore!"

"Why... And dont tell me Its because of that nerd! You would never go out with someone like him. I know you Ara... Since we were kids!"

"You are right!" I said and he smiled. "You are right... You do know me Kai! I just dont know you... I never did!" I walked a step back and pulled my hand away from him. "Stay away from me and do never touch me again... I hate you..." I said and started walking away from him.

"If you leave you are gonna regret it!" He yelled while I was getting away.

Is this a threat?

Ha...

Unbelievable...