Part 1: The Engagement

"I think today is the day, Ash. I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask Ricky Bowen to marry me." EJ said to Ashlynn as they were at lunch together, planning how the whole night was going to go down.

"Omg I'm so happy for you two!! I knew you two were going to make it! After those rocky first two years of school, I knew if you guys got back together, then it was going to be for forever." Ashlynn said, giving her cousin a big hug.

"She was right." EJ thought to himself.

Flashback

After Ricky's first year of college at the local community college, he and EJ broke up. EJ was getting too busy with his major, the transition to a new environment, and going out on auditions at NYU. The long distance, different time zones, and lack of communication had done it for Ricky. Both boys stopped talking to each other for over a year, but would see each other whenever their friends were hanging out during the holidays or summer. They would never talk to each other though and their friends could feel the awkward tension. However, when Ricky was transferring for his junior year of college, he chose Berklee School of Music in Boston. He knew it was sort of close to New York and EJ, but it was far enough that he wouldn't see him constantly.

One day, Ricky went into the city with some friends to see a Broadway musical. When it ended he and his friends went to a nearby bar and got some drinks and just hung out. The bar was dark and loud, since live music was playing. Ricky went to get a drink at the bar, when a tall dark haired guy approached him.

"Hey, can I buy you a drink?"

"Who? Me? Uhm sure?

Ricky started to thank the guy for the drink, when he turned around to ask for his name the guy was gone. Ricky never found out who the guy was, but was thankful he had a free drink. Ricky returned back to his friends and continued to enjoy the night.

The next morning, Ricky woke up before his group of friends and got really hungry. So he went to the local coffee shop to get something to eat and drink, when he ran into him...

"EJ?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Ricky said, bumping into his ex-boyfriend at the coffee shop. Of all places, of course he would run into him here.

"Uhm, I come here all of the time? It's right next to campus. What are you doing here?

"I'm uh- in town with some friends. Saw a show last night."

"Oh that's cool."

"Yeah, uhm- I gotta go. These coffees are going to get cold for them". Ricky started to leave the coffee shop, when EJ grabbed his arm causing him to almost drop the tray of coffees everywhere.

"Wait! How long are you in town for?"

"Leaving tomorrow morning"

"Are you free tonight? I would love to take you to dinner?"

Ricky stood frozen. He hasn't talked to EJ, one on one, in almost two years! Of course he still loved the boy, he will always love him and it's not like their relationship ended badly? It was just a time thing, so he would love to get back with EJ. But he can't let the older boy know that, not right now at least.

"I- uh, I don't know. My friends wanted to go to another show tonight and then they wanted to -"

"Please Ricky, I really want to talk to you" EJ said with those sparkly blue eyes and that to die for smile. God how could Ricky say no to that!

"Uh, okay. I'll go to dinner with you EJ" Ricky said smiling.

"Great! I'll text you the details." EJ said smiling, leaving the coffee shop now.