Chapter 19 - Thanksgiving

Mabel had begun preparing the bird preparing some of the ingredients like mashed potatoes. She diced the potatoes and soaked them in salt water in the fridge overnight. She diced up the ingredients for a lot of dishes too, prepping anything that didn't need to be prepared fresh. Then she cleaned up the kitchen. It was quick work and Pacifica helped her clean up in minutes.

Mabel was grateful for the help. She watched Pacifica as she washed her hands in the sink. She marveled at how far this young woman had come from when they were teens. Pacifica looked up her striking blue eyes catching Mabel's large brown eyes watching her as she dried her hands off on a Thanksgiving-themed hand towel Mabel had handcrafted years ago.  Pacifica gave her a questioning look. "What is it?" She asked her voice sounding curious with just a hint of concern.

Mabel smiled at her disarmingly. "I was just reflecting on how much you have changed. It's like I got a sister back from the dead. One I never knew I had," said Mabel. Emotion tugged at her but she tried to push it back down. Pacifica smiled at her. "And you are like the sister I never had." Then she smirked. "You know if she had gone a little bonkers and was addicted to sugar and adorable cute animals." Mabel laughed grateful for the levity chasing away the deep tide of emotions.

Mabel smiled at her, "You have made Dipper happier than I can ever remember. Just that alone means the world to me. When I first met you I would not have guessed in a million years you could have made him that happy." Pacifica looked back at her with a soft smile on her face. "You and me both sister. I mean do you remember how much of a dork he used to be?"

Mabel grinned from ear to ear, "What do you mean 'used to be'?" She said snarkily. Dipper entered from the living room feeling slighted. "I heard that!" he said with indignation. Mabel and Pacifica laughed. Pacifica walked over to Dipper placing her hands in his. "Who knew he would turn out the way he has." Pacifica's eyes looked on in admiration while Dipper chuckled nervously. "Yeah like a nerd that works in a lab with his Great uncle like a basement dweller. Pacifica's face changed to a more serious one, her blue eyes commanding in their solemnity. "No Dipper..." She said softly. "That's not how I see you. I see a man who puts his family's life above his own. A man who brandishes courage in the face of terrifying odds. A man who protects the ones he loves at any cost." Her eyes flashed softly and warmly now pools of rich deep sapphire blue. A deep passion lay in those depths as Pacifica continued. "A friend that sees the life in the seed while it has yet to break the surface. A friend whose relentless love taught me how to not only believe in myself again but in others as well. That's the man I fell in love with."

Dipper softly wiped the tear that had begun to roll down her cheek. "You were worth the wait. You are worth every trial and fight, those in the past, and those yet to come. You are my winter flower, my rose among the thorns. Your beauty is somehow more rich having been pressed and tried and yet still found true. I love you Pacifica Northwest." Pacifica stepped upward on her heels as her hands pulled on the lapels of the leather jacket he wore. As she kissed him Dipper cupper her cheek kissing her ever so softly and tenderly cherishing the moment. Mabel sighed contentedly. She hopped a certain someone might work up the courage to do the same.

As the two broke their kiss resting their forehead on each other She hugged them both saying, "I love you two so much. I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight." They turned to face Mabel. "Goodnight Mabes," Dipper said turning to hug her before she could get away. "Thanks for all your hard work in the kitchen." Mabel smiled. "The real work begins tomorrow. But honestly, I have been looking forward to this and theory crafting recipes and dish symmetry ideas in my mind all month. I'm can't wait to start!" Dipper smilled at her. "Get some rest and sleep well then." Mabel smiled at him lovingly. "I will."