17. 'I know you still love me.' Part 3

Max's POV.

"Max, what do you want?"

"Y/n don't hang up!! I've tried to call you like 50 times!"

"Is spamming my phone your idea of making it up to me?" She asks, no amusement to be heard in her voice.

"No, of course not. You didn't answer any of my texts." That sounds ridiculous the amount of times I've tried to call her.

"I've been working Max, what do you want?" Y/n getting irritated isn't going to help me right now.

"I'm sorry for calling so many times, I just wanted to know- well wanted to ask if you'd uh- well, if you'd like to go on a date with me?" Why are my palms sweating, she's already my girlfriend.. well kind of.

"Not really, no."

"Don't hang up!!" I say as I hear her put the phone against the table. Unless she's got me on speaker? Who is she with? Get it together Max.

"How can I fight for us and win you back if you won't talk to me? One date, please Y/n just give me a chance." I hear her sigh, clearly thinking about whether she should give in or not.

"Fine. One date." Yes!

"Friday?"

"Friday."

"Thank you Y/n, so much! You won't regret-" .. did she just hang up on me?

Hotel irons never work the same as the one you have at home. Fact. I swear I've been going over the same spot for 20 minutes now and it still looks as creased as before.
I can't help but feel nervous. I knew that proving to Y/n she can trust me again wouldn't be easy, but I'm trying. It's been a couple of weeks since I said I'd fight for her, one of her rules was that I stayed at the hotel. They say the people you love the most, you hate the most. It's like she's got me on strings and I'm just waiting until she 'rewards' me by allowing me to go back to my own home. I deserve it.
I'm taking Y/n out tonight, we would always go for walks on the beach before things between us got so messed up, so that's what we're doing. Is a shirt too much? Fuck it, I've spent 20 minutes ironing this, I'm wearing it. I put the shirt on, realising it's cold and I never actually turned the stupid thing on. It's too late now I'll just have to hope she doesn't notice. I grab some shoes, trying to tone it down a bit before grabbing the bunch of roses I got for Y/n, her favourites.

'I'm on my way x' I text, making sure to pat down every pocket to check I haven't forgotten anything. I decided to walk to pick her up, our apartment not being far and the fresh air doing me good since I've been feeling sorry for myself in a hotel room for weeks.

My phone buzzed, seeing Y/n's name flash up having text me back.
'Okay.' It read.
I can't help but roll my eyes, but also laugh a bit knowing she's loving this. What am I even going to say to her? Was this a good idea? Of course it's a good idea, I fucked up and I have to prove to her that she's the one I want. She's the only one I've ever wanted.

Nearly at the apartment I have to try to calm myself down, I let myself in and head to the elevator up to our apartment. My phone buzzes again, she's so impatient, it didn't take me that long to walk over here.

'Are you missing me? x' Kelly. Always fucking things up. The more time that goes by the more I begin to question whether or not I can really trust her to keep my secret. I ignore her knowing full well she'll see I've read her stupid text and not replied. I'm also not wanting Y/n to get curious if my phone keeps buzzing all night. I walk to our door, it feels weird knocking on it, but I guess I'd also feel weird to let myself in. I hear the sound of Y/n's heels against the floor get closer and closer before she opens the door. She looks so beautiful.