Intro

[TW: As said in the description, mentions of abuse, rape, violence, slavery and human trafficking.]

Cold. Why am I so Cold? These were the only thoughts running through the man's mind as he slowly gained consciousness, yet couldn't move a muscle, not even to open his eyes. Instead, he focused on the sounds surrounding him.

Footsteps, chattering, metal clangs and pleas for freedom. Clearly, this wasn't the place to be. He soon heard approaching footsteps along with what sounded like a metal lock being undone.

Using all the energy he could, he cracked open his eyes and watched a tall blurred figure approach him, as he struggled to focus his eyes he already knew where he was. It was an all too familiar place, the auction house. Now as you could likely presume, this was no ordinary auction house, rather it was one built mainly on human and animal trafficking. Another question might be why exactly he knew the place, well it wasn't his first trip here. In fact, he'd lost count. It wasn't that he was run away and was brought back, nor that he disobeyed any rules. In fact, he was quite obedient as a slave, perhaps too much so for his previous masters.

The figure gently placed their hands on him and examined him carefully for quality, making sure he was in good shape. He felt a sense of shame when the man moved his hair aside and saw the right side of his face, disfigured by acid years prior. The burn scar went from just below his hairline, down and around his mouth and a little past his shoulder, quite possibly the worst part was the missing eye, fully sealed shut and complete loss of function. His incredibly long black hair tended to hide the injury.

The man left after jotting some things down and he was left alone to think. Think about what he did wrong this time to be sent back. He couldn't help but tear up at the thoughts running through his mind and weep, he truly loved the woman and wished to return to her, despite all the abuse she put him through.

Time passed slowly as he slowly regained his strength, soon being able to sit up properly. He curled up into the fetal position and hugged himself for warmth while watching the workers pass, waiting for his turn. Who knows, maybe it'd take days for him to be taken out. Luckily this wasn't the case.

The young man was helped up and was brought to the showers where he was scrubbed clean. He was then dried and had a blanket draped over him as if to hide him and carried him off to the stage where the auction itself was held. He was made to kneel facing the stage wall to hide his scarring and the blanket was removed, left nude for the world to see. He sat there trying not to tremble from the cold.

All his information was projected on the wall before him for all to see and the announcer began his speech. "Here we have Scott, 23, from..." and he zoned out there, the same words he'd heard over and over again. The same joke that was told every time. He only listened back in when the bidding began, and as per usual people were desperate to attain him.

After ten long minutes of bidding it came to an end, someone in a private booth had won and he was to be collected immediately. He got up and followed a worker off stage as another young adult was brought on, he didn't bother processing any of their features and just stared straight ahead, chin up and confident like his father used to tell him.

His new master was quick to have him sent home, not bothering to examine the pale boy at all before doing so. He definitely didn't mind and went along as ordered.

When they arrived at the estate Scott was finally given clothes, his joy was immeasurable and he even cried as they were the warmest, softest clothes he'd had in years.

"Are they to your liking?" A voice asked from behind him. He quickly turned to find a tall man, at least 9' tall standing over him. He carefully examined his features. His hair was about medium length, and he had the face of an elf. Yet from his jaw down his skin was white as snow.

He gave a small nod in response and the man nodded in turn. "Good, you are to meet me in my chambers immediately," he said sternly and walked off, not giving the younger male a chance to respond. He sighed softly and waited a moment before following at a distance. Hopefully, he would be able to get along.

-----

He was wrong, deadly wrong. He was laid on his side in a given room with a nurse carefully treating him. He felt horrible like his guts had been ripped to shreds.

"Are you alright?" The woman asked softly for the fifth time and all he did was nod into his pillow once again. "I didn't expect him to go so hard on you on the first day" she added softly. "Most times he waits a week before even touching a new servant, do you know why he was so eager?" She asked with a hint of curiosity. Of course, he knew but decided not to reveal the truth so he shook his head no. She hummed in response and stood straight. "I'll be back in the morning to check on you alright?" She smiled softly and earned another nod, and on that, she took her to leave.

Scott held onto the pillow under his head a bit tighter and slowly unravelled into soft sobs once he was finally alone. He was in an unbearable amount of pain and for once wanted to go back to the auction house, he wanted to leave. For the first time in a very long time, he wanted to run away but was unable to. He knew this wouldn't end soon either, not with the words he was left on.

"I expect you back here tomorrow your majesty~"