The Quindecim Bar

Tick tock, tick-tock.

The bar is silent, as the bartender cleans up a glass just to pass the time. Waiting on the next person to judge. He glances over at the puppet he put up just to sit there. Though he no longer knows who it was, his heartbeat in aches as his lips curled up to a smile only knowing this person had a fulfilled life.

Decim turns his head back forward as he sits the glassware next to himself. He sighs softly before turning his head to the ding of the elevator. Someone was here. He stands up straight waiting for them to come into view. Hearing the steps they took getting louder as they comes in.

Only to stop, seeing the bartender in their view. Decim stared at them waiting for them to come in, judging the cargoes shorts and the t-shirt they were wearing. He tries to smile at them, something he learned but forgotten by who, only remembering it's one way to greet people. He then bows at them.

"Welcome to Quindecim, please have a seat." He informed them.

They stared at him for a moment before walking towards the bar, almost admiring the place they were now in. They carefully slide the chair out and sat down. Decim waited for a moment, expecting them to ask questions. When none came out, he brush it off and proceeded as if they did.

"A pleasure to meet you. My name is Decim and I'll be your bartender."

"(Y/N). Just call me (Y/N)." They shrug looking around once more.

The bartender nods letting them know he heard them before proceeding to ask.

"You most likely find this a strange question but I'm afraid I do have to ask it. Do you remember anything prior to your arrival here?"

Silent is all he could get as the person stared at the jellyfish tank. At first, he assume that perhaps that was the answer by using the silent they mean nothing. However, before he could open his mouth they answered.

"I was on my way back home right before a car hit me. Nothing particularly remarkable...but fatal nonetheless. At least it was a painless death. I can only imagine the medic trying their best, but I guess I can assume it was too late. Perhaps it's better that way, being dead huh?" They look back at the white-haired man. Only to see him in shock for a few seconds before going blank again.

"I must admit, this normally doesn't happen often. If you don't mind, what made you come to that conclusion?"

"I guess common sense." They shrug looking back over to the jellyfish tanks. "Mostly because bars are not normally my things. No offense." They glance at him.

"None taking."

(Y/N) looks back over at him. "So this is hell that everyone talks about? Or I guess the pastor mostly." They try to joke.

"Normally I don't tell you where you are, but considering you already know you're dead..." He paused as if thinking. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to say." He muttered

"Hmm, let me take a guess then. If it's not hell, and I know I don't belong in heaven. Then, I'm in limbo. Stop me if I'm wrong."

"Something like that. You could say. Though it's more of a place to get judge whether you go to heaven or hell."

"Huh, so your like an angel of God that gives the last judgment?"

"My apologies if this is off-topic, but you seem to know a bit about this place. It's just so uncommon around here."

"My mother was a faithful lady. So Sunday church and hearing all of this was always a thing. Though I never really bothered with that crap." They pause for a moment. "So you're going to judge me?"